Okay, Vikings fans, here’s the deal… We need your help!
The #MoreThanWords campaign ends on Saturday evening and we’re desperate to see more donations hit the books over at Chad Greenway’s Lead the Way Foundation before the deadline. If you are unfamiliar with what we are trying to accomplish then please click here and learn about the effort!
The main thing you need to know is that you can possibly win some awesome prizes, like an autographed football and a new jersey, by donating as little as $10 to the awesome program that is “Chad’s Lockers.”
Here is a rundown of everything that has happened so far:
- First and foremost, we’ve managed to raise upwards of $4,000 dollars (new update below) to help stock Chad Greenway’s lockers located throughout various Minnesota Children’s Hospitals. These lockers provide a mental escape for kids that are away from the comfort of home, sometimes for long periods at a time, dealing with various illnesses.
- Chad Greenway recently talked with Daniel House over at Vikings Corner about the impact that the funds will have on the existing “Lockers” around the Twin Cities area.
- We’ve received a personal letter from Chad Greenway himself thanking everyone involved in this campaign and further explaining the importance of what we’re all doing.
- We’ve seen well-known Minnesota personalities like Paul Allen and Vikings legends like Fran Tarkenton support the cause on Twitter.
- Vikefans.com spoke personally with Greenway at training camp about the #MoreThanWords campaign and what it means to him.
- Companies have donated large amounts of money to become official sponsors of the #MoreThanWords campaign. (Echidna, a Minneapolis-based eCommerce agency and SH Architecture, an architecture firm all the way from Las Vegas, Nevada.)
- The very talented Matt Engstrom, Vikings Territory’s resident illustrator, donated all profits from the sales of his awesome t-shirts to the #MoreThanWords campaign.
- We got to hear directly from patients who benefit from the Chad’s Locker thanks to Lindsey Young’s touching interviews during a visit to one of the hospitals benefiting from the program.
- Finally, we upped the ante when Vikings Territory announced it would be gifting a brand new Vikings jersey to a random person who donated $10 dollars or more to the cause.
- We are also giving away a signed Jimmy Kleinsasser football and cool Chad Greenway print (courtesy of Fan HQ) to a pair of lucky winners.
Alright, so here is where things stand regarding our little “competition” between sites and the total funds raised to-date.
VIKINGS TERRITORY: $2,172
DAILY NORSEMAN: $522
VIKINGS CORNER: $10
VIKINGS JOURNAL: $0
An additional $1,120 has been raised through donations that were not earmarked for “credit” to a specific site. That brings to a current grand total of $4,054.
Okay, so we shot for the moon and (unless an angel falls suddenly appears) we are not going to meet our original goal of raising $10,000. With that being said, I’m hoping Vikings fans rally together these last couple of days and at least help us get halfway there and raise a total of $5,000.