Wednesday’s ICYMI: The Vikings signed two players, released a former sixth-round pick, a defensive Pro Bowler was named to the NFL’s Top-100 list, and the team continues to receive offseason praise from multiple outlets.
“Vikings In Case You Missed It” intends to funnel news reports, general information and a handful of the best analysis articles pertaining to the Minnesota Vikings into one all-encompassing write-up. If you don’t have the time to follow the Purple and Gold as much as you may like, allow Vikings Territory to do the dirty work for you with our catch-all Vikings recap of everything you may have missed.
VT — IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Don’t miss the latest Minnesota Vikings materials at Vikings Territory
Catch the infamous “Great No. 84 Debate” on Episode 12 of VT Roundable: Teddy, #84, Ponder & Favre Riddles.
- BJ Reidell digs deeper into the “Great No. 84 Debate” and discusses which numbers should be retired in this Vikings Do-Over.
- Austin Belisle reports the Vikings bolstered their defensive line with the signing of Will Sutton. In a corresponding move, the team released defensive lineman Toby Johnson.
- BJ Reidell and Jordan Reid—filling in for a vacationing Drew Mahowald—discuss Vikings players who need to step up in 2017, veterans officially put on notice following NFL free agency/draft, answer a few questions from Twitter concerning Teddy Bridgewater and Minnesota’s running back depth chart, and finish up with a Take 5 on the most under-appreciated Vikings since the turn of the millennium.
- Sean Borman discusses how Vikings rookie running back Dalvin Cook was nearly taken by this team in the first round of the draft.
- BJ Reidell published his Ridiculously Early 53-Man Roster Projection.
- The Vikings Territory team recently completed the WELCOME TO THE BIG SHOW series, taking a closer look at each one of the Vikings nine draft picks.
- The Vikings agreed to a one-year deal with WR Michael Floyd for $1.5 million. BJ Reidell and Drew Mahowald discuss the Minnesota Vikings’ free-agent signing of Michael Floyd, how he fits in Pat Shurmur’s offense, and the ripple effect he has on the depth chart. Additionally, the guys discuss the No. 84 being retired and Minnesota handing it out still. BJ reports Floyd is ready for redemption.
Minnesota Vikings team news and roster announcements
- The Vikings signed Freddie Tagaloa to a three-year contract and released defensive lineman B.J. Dubose.
- Xavier Rhodes ranks 66th on NFL’s Top 100 List.
- Eric Smith reports ESPN praises Vikings offseason moves.
FEATURES & ANALYSIS
Minnesota Vikings analysis articles, feature stories and columns
- Over at The Viking Age, Adam Carlson breaks down an ESPN Insider article that stated Vikings 7th-round pick Stacy Coley was a “draft steal.”
- Christopher Gates at the Daily Norseman touches on Laquon Treadwell’s interview with KFAN’s Paul Allen on iHeartRadio. Treadwell looks ahead to moving forward as a team in 2017. The Vikings could do special things on offense this season if the receivers are able to mesh with Bradford.
AROUND THE NFL
Notable NFL news, reports, updates and analysis
- CBSsports.com describes the hardships of the Ponders while they lived in Minnesota due to the hostility of Vikings fans.
- Derek Carr is frustrated with the pace of his contract talks, according to NFL.com.
- Bleacher Report’s Brad Gagnon highlights every NFL team’s best and worst offseason move up to this point.
- According to an NFL.com article, Tom Brady’s wife Gisele Bundchen, said the New England Patriots signal-caller played at least “a portion” of the 2016 season with a concussion. There is no record of New England listing Brady on the team’s official injury report; I see another “Deflategate” coming…
Remember: Visit Vikings Territory every day around dinner time for a full recap of the goings on both in Minnesota and across the National Football League!