Vikings Rumors Buzz on Aaron Rodgers, a K.J. Osborn Sighting, Cris Carter

The Minnesota Vikings’ rumor mill is a bit hotter than usual, as the club owns an underwhelming 4-7 record. Some fans have pivoted their attention to the 2026 offseason, making the rumor mill even more unruly.
Vikings rumors heat up around Aaron Rodgers chatter, a surprise K.J. Osborn sighting, and fresh comments involving Cris Carter.
Minnesota still has six games remaining, though, and this weekend will feature a contest at the Seattle Seahawks.
Vikings Rumors for Saturday, November 29th, 2025
It’s the Purple Rumor Mill for Week 13.

Rumor: Aaron Rodgers will once again be an option at QB1 during the offseason.
Former NFL quarterback Kurt Benkert joined Kay Adams on The Up and Adams Show Tuesday and revived the Rodgers-to-Minnesota idea.
“Maybe he goes to Minnesota for his last hurrah, who knows. I think there’s so many quarterback needy times right now. You’re seeing it all across the league. He’s still playing at a really good level. He’s not playing bad by any means. The Vikings would probably love to see Aaron there right now, especially on the deal that he took,” Benkert said.
“I think it could have looked very similar to what Matthew Stafford is doing. Not to that extent, but an efficient style, really good in the red zone. Justin Jefferson would have eaten a lot more than he is right now. Kevin O’Connell, how he calls plays, he needs a guy like Aaron that’s consistent with his feet, pinpoint accuracy. I think the Vikings are missing that with McCarthy right now.”
This is the same argument that circulated in March 2025. Back then, the Vikings insisted McCarthy was the right fit for their offense. Now, Rodgers to Minnesota in 2026 carries more prudent logic.
The team shouldn’t be expected to move on from McCarthy entirely, but general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah will almost certainly add a real quarterback option in the offseason to push McCarthy for the QB1 job or operate as a reliable contingency plan. Minnesota avoided a contingency plan in 2025. In 2026, it becomes mandatory.
And there’s no realistic scenario where Rodgers wouldn’t win a summer QB1 competition against the current version of McCarthy.
Rumor: K.J. Osborn’s employment drought is over; he’s a Falcon.
It’s now official for Osborn in Atlanta.
FalconsWire‘s Matt Urben reported Monday, “The Atlanta Falcons have signed wide receiver K.J. Osborn to their 16-man practice squad, the team announced on Monday afternoon. Osborn worked out for the Falcons on Friday and now takes the final spot on the team’s practice squad ahead of Week 13.”
“The 28-year-old was originally selected by the Minnesota Vikings in the fifth round of the 2020 NFL draft. Over his first five NFL seasons, Osborn recorded 165 receptions, 1,902 receiving yards and 16 touchdowns in 67 games (34 starts). Osborn went over 500 receiving yards in three consecutive seasons (2021-2023) for the Vikings, but he hasn’t had as much success over the last two years for the New England Patriots and Washington Commanders.”

Osborn now sits one call-up away from the active roster. Falcons quarterback Kirk Cousins and Osborn have teamed up for 12 touchdowns over the last five years.
Rumor: Cris Carter thinks Kevin O’Connell is scared.
Carter jumped back into the Vikings conversation this week, re-entering the current events cycle with a pointed take. He told the Fully Loaded podcast, “I think Kevin O’Connell is scared to death. That’s what I think.”
“I think that last year, him being injured — he does not look like the guys that got drafted in the same class as him. Okay … Caleb Williams has 20 more starts than him, and it looks like it. So for me, if we’re being fair, we need to get at least double-digit starts in there. And then the Vikings are going to have to make a decision afterwards. Do we go on in year number three?”
There’s no getting around it: McCarthy’s 2026 offseason status will headline every Vikings debate. It’s the looming storyline, and nothing else comes close.

Carter continued with his view of McCarthy’s long-term outlook: “After what we’ve seen, we don’t know. Because he didn’t remove that. Typically, every quarterback, when they get out there, they have to remove the variable: can they play at this level? Can they learn? … Okay, I’m gonna have some success, but once the tape gets out to the whole league, guess what? No, you’re not an NFL quarterback. So they’re trying to find out, is he an NFL quarterback?”
The last few weeks make Carter’s stance clear. He doesn’t believe McCarthy has shown anything that points to long-term staying power.
Claiming that O’Connell is “scared” is pretty damn outlandish and bold.

You must be logged in to post a comment.