The P/PTSD Perspective: No Longer Benched, Injuries Striking, & The Topsy-Turvy 2022 Draft
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting five of their top articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peak at some of their best stuff.
The P/PTSD Perspective: October 21st, 2023
1) Benched No More: The Vikings’ Powerful Nose Tackle Gets Back into Mix for Brian Flores: Good to see the monstrous nose tackle get more run. Coming into 2023, the expectation was for Khyiris Tonga to play a major role given that he has ideal size for a nose tackle. So far, though, the playing time has been a bit scarce. Maybe that changes.
2) Vikings Waive Young WR: Doing so comes at a time when the Vikings are looking to get RB Kene Nwangwu and WR Jalen Nailor back into the fold. Both possess a pile of speed, so maybe the offense will get a bit of a boost by those additions. Meanwhile, the waived WR is back on the practice squad.
3) Vikings Injuries Struck Again in Week 6: Losing Marcus Davenport is a major loss. True, the Vikings could have likely foreseen some injury troubles for the former Saint, but they don’t have anyone close to his ability to fill in at that EDGE2 spot. Danielle Hunter will need to continue his excellent play.
4) Lewis Cine, Andrew Booth Jr., & The 2022 Draft’s Topsy-Turvy Journey Toward Relevance: Things haven’t gone super smoothly for Kwesi Adofo-Mensah’s first draft class. Lewis Cine didn’t dress last week but Andrew Booth had his largest impact yet for Brian Flores. Akayleb Evans and Ed Ingram are the main bright spots from that crew.
5) The Vikings are Keeping an Eye on QB Prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft: From what I can see, there are a pile of intriguing options at QB. Seeing the Vikings completely overlook the position — especially if the horrible record continues to worsen — would be very surprising. Minnesota has been doing a lot of homework on the QBs.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.