Vikings Prospect Player Card: Isaiah Wynn | OG | Georgia
As the NFL Draft approaches, Vikings Territory is taking a look at prospects that may interest the Minnesota Vikings. Since it’s evident the team would like to add a long-term offensive line starter at some point in the early rounds, let’s examine the players who could fit that mold.
[tab_title] Basics [/tab_title]
[tab_title] Measureables [/tab_title]
[tab_title] Combine [/tab_title]
- School: Georgia
- Position: T/G
- Projected round: 1-2
- Age: 22
- Height: 6-3
- Weight: 313 lbs.
- Arm: 33 3/8″
- Hand: 8 1/2″
- *DNP in on-field drills at NFL Combine*
Vikings Interest: 9/10
- Wynn’s consistent technique, agility and athleticism stand out on tape.
- Plug-and-play starter from day one.
- Outstanding lateral quickness, specializes in pass protection. Also very solid in the run game.
- Very smart prospect with a high football IQ. Very quick reaction time.
- Pro Football Focus graded Wynn as the No. 4 overall tackle in the nation and the No. 2 draft-eligible tackle in terms of run blocking.
He's viewed as one of the top guard prospects in the 2018 NFL Draft, but Isaiah Wynn dominated at tackle too! pic.twitter.com/HEaXMxQ8Ku
— PFF (@PFF) April 23, 2018
- Wynn is a versatile player. He started 12 games at left guard in 2016 and excelled as a left tackle in 2017.
- Allowed two sacks and five pressures in 15 games last season.
- Team captain for the Bulldogs.
- At Georgia, Wynn played against top competition in the SEC conference.
- Pairing Wynn with center Pat Elflein would give the Vikings one of the most athletic offensive lines in the NFL for years to come.
- He makes tough blocks look easy. From J.R. Reid’s Twitter feed:
Isaiah Wynn is a first-round prospect. pic.twitter.com/eqCNxUENoI
— Jordan Reid (@Jordan_Reid) January 30, 2018
- At 6-3, 313 lbs. Wynn is undersized as a tackle.
- His blocking in the screen game will need to improve at the next level.
- Vikings would likely move him from the left side over to the right.
- Wynn played with a torn labrum in his shoulder during the last three games in 2017. He had surgery in February following the season.
Wynn is one of the top offensive line prospects in the draft. His versatility will make him a valuable asset to any NFL team.
Potential OL starters:
- Billy Price | C | Ohio State
- Frank Ragnow | C | Arkansas
- Quenton Nelson | OG | Notre Dame
- Will Hernandez | OG | UTEP