Saturday’s ICYMI: Zimmer Has Eighth Eye Surgery, Discusses Michael Floyd
VT’s “In Case You Missed It” intends to funnel every news report, the most general of informational notes, and a handful of the best analysis articles about the Minnesota Vikings into one all-encompassing write-up. If you don’t have the time to follow the Purple and Gold as much as you may like, allow Vikings Territory to do the dirty work for you with our catch-all Vikings recap of everything you may have missed.
Minnesota Vikings team news and roster announcements
- Ben Goessling at ESPN reported Minnesota Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer had his eighth eye surgery since November. He also shared this stat:
The Vikings are 20-3 under Mike Zimmer when they've scored 21 points or more, according to ESPN Stats and… https://t.co/PmqzVo334d
— Ben Goessling (@GoesslingStrib) May 20, 2017
- The Star Tribune reported Adrian Peterson’s Eden Prairie home is for sale.
How does Coach Zimmer handle coaching kids as opposed to the #Vikings?
"I'm a lot more congenial."
— Minnesota Vikings (@Vikings) May 20, 2017
FEATURES & ANALYSIS
Minnesota Vikings analysis articles, feature stories, and columns
- NFL.com contributor Gregg Rosenthal projected every starter in the NFC North, including the Vikings starters. Rosenthal has an interesting take on the 2017 Bears.
- ESPN’s Ben Goessling shared his thoughts on the “Vikings Googleplex.”
- Zimmer, at his youth football camp, talks about adding Michael Floyd, per Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press.
- Mike Zimmer believes the Vikings are a good fit for Michael Floyd, according to Ben Goessling at ESPN, who was also at the youth football camp at Winter Park.
- Christopher Gates at The Daily Norseman posted his thoughts of KFAN’s Eric Nordquist’s 10 best current Vikings.
AROUND THE NFL
Notable NFL news, reports, updates and analysis
- Bucky Brooks at NFL.com talked about New York Giants rookie tight end Evan Engram and why the Seattle Seahawks, in due time, will sign quarterback Colin Kaepernick as their backup.
- People know how good Tom Brady is, but few football fans realize how Drew Brees is quietly putting up all-time numbers. Who will become the king of career passing yards? (NFL.com)
Remember: Visit Vikings Territory every day around dinner time for a full recap of the goings-on both in Minnesota and across the National Football League!