Inconsistency isn’t what you want to define your team if you are an NFL team, but over the course of just six days the Vikings have appeared like two completely different teams, and now us fans are forced to wonder which product we’ll see on the field this coming Sunday.
Coming off of a solid home victory against Detroit, news is starting to break of even more injury concerns along our offensive line (Brandon Fusco this time), and it is fair for each of us to wonder just how Minnesota will fare against Philip Rivers and the San Diego Chargers this weekend.
In preparation for the looming battle, we took a look around the web and brought you all the best links we could find:
- Taking a look at the history between the Vikings and the Chargers leading into this weekend.
- Sunday’s winning formula on offense felt very familiar in one very big way.
- Brian Robison, Brandon Fusco, and Teddy Bridgewater ranked among the best performing Vikings last week.
- Wondering whether or not Trae Waynes will see some playing time in the near future.
- Some excellent observations from last week’s victory at TCF Bank Stadium.
- Here’s one for ya: U.S. Bank Stadium will include everything… even “lactation suites.”
- A glimpse at each facet of last week’s game.
- And here is some data for those snap count geeks among us (that includes me, so don’t be offended).
- Mike Zimmer is calling on the fans to help the defense stifle San Diego’s no-huddle attack.
- Paul Allen expects Adrian Peterson to be well fed this week.
- The official word on Fusco is that a concussion is keeping him out of practice this week.
- Golden Tate did a lot of crying during Sunday’s game… and after it. No word if he was crying before it, too.
- Ben Goessling did a way better job of making this comparison than what I did.
- Fran Tarkenton thinks the future is bright and exciting for the Minnesota Vikings.
- Zimmer wants his team to clone their intensity from last week’s game.
- High school friends Trae Waynes and Melvin Gordon are looking forward to playing each other now and in the future.
- The Bills traded away Matt Cassel for similar compensation as what they paid to the Vikings earlier this year.
- Anthony Barr’s penalty caused Coach Zimmer to do a little backtracking this week after some initial criticism.
- The Vikings need this win to prevent Green Bay from turning this into a “Separation Sunday.”
- And now, your moment of Zen: