The P/PTSD Perspective: Signing the King, Cousins Clarifies Timeline, & FA Return
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting five of their top articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peek at some of their best stuff.
The P/PTSD Perspective: January 27th, 2024
1) Should the Vikings Go for the King?: Well, the move would certainly be a splashy one. Derrick Henry is arguably the greatest running back of his era. He has picked up a ton of mileage over the years but still did some solid work last season. Does he fit within Minnesota’s plans?
2) Kirk Cousins Clarifies Timeline on His Decision to Stay or Go: Kirk Cousins has been going on a media blitz. What can I say? The man knows how to put in the leg work to get the contract he wants. He’s doing his best to gain leverage as the team and QB work toward a major negotiation in around a month.
3) Injured Vikings Free Agent Wants to Return in 2024: Speaks well of the team that pending free agents want to return. The players genuinely seem to enjoy playing alongside each other and the facilities are first rate. Cam Akers has some talent, but the serious injury likely means the contract will be modest (if it arrives at all).
4) Will the Rick Spielman Talent Exodus Continue in the Coming Weeks?: Since taking over a bit more than two years ago, Kwesi Adofo-Mensah has done a ton of work to overhaul the roster. Indeed, the young executive has been hard at work reshaping the roster into his own image. Don’t be surprised to see some notable Vikings need to look for work elsewhere.
5) Vikings’ Belief in One Player Could Derail Offseason Theories: Don’t give up on Jaren Hall. Yes, he showed that he has much to learn in his last game, but we shouldn’t discount the difficulty of the circumstances. The 5th-round rookie (who was supposed to be the QB3 for the season) got a start on Sunday Night Football against the team’s hated rival with the playoff path on the line. Might that have been a touch too much for Mr. Hall?
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
This Is Your Official Warning about Vikings + This Man in One Year
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.