The P/PTSD Perspective: The O-Lineman’s Huge Pay Day, Clearing Cap Space, and O’Connell’s Major Hint
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting five of their top articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peek at some of their best stuff.
The P/PTSD Perspective: January 20th, 2024
1) Vikings Offensive Lineman is Projected to Get a Large Contract in Free Agency: Folks, I’ll eat my hat if this projection ends up being correct. Yes, Dalton Risner was pretty solid and he can be quite charming while talking with the media, but Minnesota’s GM hasn’t shown much willingness to hand over major money to the iOL. Don’t hold your breath on this one.
2) Vikings Sign a Young Receiver with Size: Stealing snaps away from Justin Jefferson and/or Jordan Addison won’t be easy. The new receiver should instead focus on complementing the offense as a whole, perhaps by leveraging his size to develop into an excellent blocker and ace on special teams. If he then develops into a chain mover or red zone threat, then it’s a bonus.
3) 4 Moves the Vikings Can Make to Free Up a Huge Amount of Cap Space: Over the past couple seasons, the Vikings have layered the cap space into their budget, incrementally freeing up money as needed rather than go on a major cutting purge and/or extending bonanza. Nevertheless, the broader point remains: the Vikings can kick their 2024 total budget up by a lot.
4) Kevin O’Connell Hints that Free Agency is Going to Very Fun (Especially for the Defense): Give the chef better ingredients. Mr. Flores, a blitzing wizard, pulled a defense with average talent into an above-average ranking in the NFL. Tossing in two or three impact starters alongside some more internal growth will mean Minnesota could plausibly have a top-10 group in 2024.
5) Vikings Fans Could Potentially Cheer for the Packers to Go to the Super Bowl: Cole Smith is an excellent writer and knows a ton about the Vikings. Even still, writing a piece about Vikings fans cheering for the Packers is a bold move. Give the piece a read to see if you agree with the argument.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
Vikings Viewed as a Fit for Dynamic Free Agent RB
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.