The P/PTSD Perspective: A Benched Defender, Former Viking Released, & Undefeated Against Mahomes
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting five of their top articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peak at some of their best stuff.
The P/PTSD Perspective: October 7th, 2023
1) The Vikings Benched a Promising, Powerful Defender: Definitely a disappointing development given the offseason hype surrounding the nose tackle. He’s easily the largest defensive lineman on the roster, so he offers some upside as a run stuffer. Maybe we’ll see him get some action before long.
2) Give Hunter a Helping Hand: Vikings Get Some Good News Ahead of Panthers Showdown: And what a help he was. Marcus Davenport had a sensational Vikings debut, consistently creating issues for Carolina’s offensive line. He’ll need another dominant day if the Vikings hope to upset the Chiefs at U.S. Bank Stadium.
3) Former Vikings CB Released by Cardinals: Tough news for Kris Boyd. A special teams ace, Boyd isn’t going to be leaned on very much to play on defense. Instead, his task is to be a terror as a gunner and on kickoff team. He’s only 27.
4) The Vikings Have a Weapon That’s Undefeated Against Patrick Mahomes: Indeed, they certainly do. Keeping Patrick Mahomes off the field is the best way of ensuring Patrick Mahomes doesn’t take over the game. He’s going to make plays, so the thought of totally shutting him down isn’t super productive; instead, the focus is on limiting the amount of plays he can make. Keep him on the bench by controlling the time of possession.
5) Kirk Cousins is Making His Case for an Extension: Controversial stuff among many in Minnesota. Kirk Cousins seldom leads to a harmonious consensus among the masses. Instead, he is someone who lights the fires of debate and discord. What’s been fairly obvious, though, is that the veteran has been playing quite well, all things considered.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.