The P/PTSD Perspective: A Young Viking’s Debut, Couple Roster Additions, & Jumbled Health News
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting five of their top articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peak at some of their best stuff.
The P/PTSD Perspective: November 18th, 2023
1) A Young Viking’s Debut May be Creeping Closer: At first, the loss was at RB2. Cam Akers suffered an Achilles injury, meaning things got a little dicier beyond Alexander Mattison. Even still, DeWayne McBride didn’t get a shot with the main team. Will the Mattison injury change things for the practice squad RB?
2) On Monday, the Vikings Pulled Off a Couple Roster Additions: They sure did. Replacing Jordan Hicks (in a sense) is Anthony Barr. The veteran linebacker is back in Minnesota after being a Cowboy in 2022 and then within free agency for quite a while in 2023. Plus, Myles Gaskin was brought back to help solidify the skimpy running back depth.
3) Vikings Unveil a Jumble of Good and Bad Health Updates Ahead of Saints Showdown: Not too much has changed in a week. The Vikings are still navigating a thoroughly mixed bag when it comes to roster health (or lack thereof). Someone like K.J. Osborn gets back to full health but then Alexander Mattison succumbs to a concussion. Been that kind of season in Minnesota, so Kevin O’Connell will need to keep working with a litany of backups to overcome the Broncos on Sunday Night Football.
4) It’s Another Huge Injury Report for the Vikings to Start Week 11: Get used to it, Vikings fans. Somehow, the Vikings have been weathering the injury storm. The coaches have been doing an excellent job, but their effort shouldn’t hide the timely performances from several depth players. Truly a full-team effort going on in Minnesota, from the coaches all the way down to the players.
5) Vikings RB Returns to Practice: A small bit of good news when it comes to the roster health. Mattison should be back to 100% before long, but seeing him in time for Sunday Night Football would be a surprise. More likely is the Week 12 game against Chicago or maybe even following the bye. The Vikings tend to be very cautious with their players.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
Very Quietly, the Vikings Said Goodbye to Yet Another Quarterback
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.