The P/PTSD Perspective: Needed in the Playoff Hunt, Issuing a Warning, & Rivals Stumble
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting five of their top articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peek at some of their best stuff.
The P/PTSD Perspective: December 23rd, 2023
1) Vikings Need These 4 Teams to Win on Sunday: The OT loss to the Bengals definitely made things a bit more discouraging for the Vikings, but a lot of other games went right. Sure, Seattle and LA found ways to win, but Tampa Bay, Carolina, and Cleveland all did Minnesota a favor. Somehow, the Vikings are still clutching onto a playoff spot in the NFC.
2) The Forgotten Pass Rusher Can Give the Vikings a Jolt, but His Minnesota Future is Murky: Unless something dramatic happens, Marcus Davenport will be remembered as a failure with the Vikings. Signing him was always a gamble since he was coming off of a season with just 0.5 sacks and the long history of injury. Missing so much time in 2023 has basically nullified the potential of him creating a terrible twosome alongside Danielle Hunter.
3) The Vikings Issue a Warning: Indeed, the team’s social media sent along word of a winter whiteout…that will be occurring inside U.S. Bank Stadium. The Sunday home game against the Lions is going to involve masses of Minnesota fans dressed in all white. Meanwhile, the team will be in similar attire, reinforcing the notion that the players and fans are standing shoulder-to-shoulder in the playoff push.
4) Vikings Rivals Fall Out of NFC Playoff Picture in Week 15: Residents of Mankato, Brainerd, Edina, Maple Grove, and various other Minnesota communities were pleased with the Week 15 result. Baker Mayfield demolished the Packers’ defense (and at Lambeau Field). The end result is Green Bay dropping out of a playoff spot, at least temporarily.
5) An Early Look at 3 Free Agent Fits for the Vikings: Never too early to take a glimpse at who is projected to be available. The Vikings are still working through their competitive rebuild, meaning there has been a deliberate effort to navigate a transition. Signing some high-end talent will be one way of signalling things are shifting firmly toward the “competitive” portion of Kwesi’s philosophy.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
One Prominent Viking Nearing Return; Another — Maybe Not
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.