The P/PTSD Perspective: RBs Getting Moved, Leading to Losses, & the 5-Man O-Line Shuffle
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting five of their top articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peak at some of their best stuff.
The P/PTSD Perspective: September 30th, 2023
1) Former Vikings RB Lands with Eagles: Finding employment in Philadelphia means there’s a distinct chance of winning a Super Bowl. A bizarro world version of the Vikings, the Eagles are sitting at a promising 3-0. Bryant Koback will be looking to help in any way he can.
2) Arguably the Vikings’ Main Offseason Misstep is Leading to Losses: A lot of problems for a defense will magically disappear if the pass rush is ferocious. Unfortunately, the Vikings only have a single player currently capable of getting after the QB (shout out to Danielle!). Whiffing on the d-line additions in March and April is undermining the Vikings’ slimming chances of success.
3) Vikings Part Ways with Veteran RB Once Again: Cam Akers should be ready to roll starting on Sunday, so someone had to be subtracted. The versatile Myles Gaskin has been demoted in Minnesota.
4) The 2023 Vikings Are Not Good, and That’s Okay: A sober perspective from Cole Smith, arguably the most underrated Vikings writer on the planet. Give his opinion a read to learn why it’s okay that the 2023 Minnesota Vikings aren’t world beaters.
5) Kevin O’Connell Hints that the Vikings Will be Shuffling the Offensive Line’s Starters: The offensive line hasn’t been good enough. True, it’s not a disastrous crew, but it’s also not a perfect crew. One wonders if there should have been more emphasis on improving up front during March and April. O’Connell is vowing to get the best five on the field, a promise that sounds very similar to what Mike Zimmer would say.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.