The P/PTSD Perspective: The Mattison Problem, 10 Vikings on IR, & The NFL’s Unluckiest Team
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting five of their top articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peak at some of their best stuff.
The P/PTSD Perspective: December 2nd, 2023
1) The Vikings Have an Alexander Mattison Problem: To his credit, Alexander Mattison did a nice job against a strong Chicago Bears defense. The fifth-year RB regularly demonstrates good physicality, a trait that endears him to his teammates and coaches. Some greater efficiency and ball security is what everyone is looking to see.
2) Vikings Beef Up Receiver Depth, Add a New Pass Catcher for O’Connell’s Offense: No such thing as too much receiver depth for these Vikings. Kevin O’Connell loves to toss the football, so there needs to be an ample amount of playmakers along the outside. Of course, the latest news is that Justin Jefferson is coming back, which is good news for just about everyone in Minnesota.
3) The 10 Vikings Currently on IR: Slowly, the team is getting healthier. Seeing Nick Mullens back is a positive sign and Jefferson has been activated. Soon, Jordan Hicks will make his return and there’s a bit of hope that Marcus Davenport could be re-added to the defense. Getting healthy and rolling at the right time is what the Vikings are hoping to see.
4) The Vikings Are the Unluckiest Team in the NFL, and You’ll Never Guess Who’s the Luckiest: Vikings fans won’t need to be convinced that their team is unlucky. Plenty of suffering going on among fans of the Purple & Gold. What’s even worse is that an NFC North foe has been pretty lucky in 2023.
5) A Former Vikings QB Made His First NFL Start in Week 12: Always kind of fascinating to see how the former players do. The young QB is being tossed into a tough position, so expectations shouldn’t be too high. There’s a good chance that the Bengals will simply need to ride out the season in a tough AFC North and reset for 2024 with a healthier QB situation.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
There’s One Clue Why Joshua Dobbs Could Be Benched
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.