The P/PTSD Perspective: Losing RB Depth, Rekindling the Corner Connection, & The Trade Hub
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting five of their top articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peak at some of their best stuff.
The P/PTSD Perspective: November 4th, 2023
1) Vikings RB Depth Takes Hit Ahead of Week 8: The dynamic kick returner wasn’t able to go in Week 8, meaning Matt Daniels had to pivot toward Ty Chandler. Moreover, the Vikings’ RB rotation lost a speedster, perhaps contributing to a sluggish rushing attack for Kevin O’Connell’s crew.
2) Vikings Bring Back Veteran CB and Could Have More O-Line Depth Soon: Joejuan Williams has something that can’t be taught: elite size. The long & strong corner isn’t likely to break into the defense in Week 9, but he clearly offers some abilities that the defensive coaches covet. Meanwhile, the offensive line may be getting a nice boost.
3) The Vikings’ Trade Hub: The Rumors, Speculation, and Theories for the 2023 NFL Trade Deadline: In the end, the Vikings pulled off a pair of trades. Kwesi Adofo-Mensah brought in Joshua Dobbs and traded away Ezra Cleveland, displaying a simultaneous commitment to competing right now while building for the future. Or, put differently, he continued living up to his competitive rebuild.
4) Jaire Alexander No Match for Jordan Addison: Plenty of Vikings fans were looking forward to Justin Jefferson’s revenge. Unfortunately, an injury and trip to the IR made that an impossibility for Week 8 at Lambeau. Seeing Jordan Addison cook Jaire Alexander on several occasions can hopefully be a nice consolation prize for Minnesota’s fans.
5) Before Picking Up Joshua Dobbs, the Vikings Reportedly Pursued a Different QB: Having some interest in Jacoby Brissett makes sense. Like Dobbs, he’s a still-young veteran QB who has seen a lot in his career. The added bonus is that he has played a ton of football. Washington’s asking price was far too high.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.