The P/PTSD Perspective: Another Bit of Bad News, Benching a CB, & Losing a Talented Pass Rusher
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting five of their top articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peak at some of their best stuff.
The P/PTSD Perspective: October 28th, 2023
1) Yet Another Bit of Bad News Ahead of Vikings/49ers: In the end, the Vikings’ offensive line performed tremendously. The hope coming into the game was that starting LG Ezra Cleveland would be ready to roll but it was Dalton Risner who picked up the start. The LG2 did excellently.
2) Andrew Booth, Mekhi Blackmon, and the Vikings’ CB Benching That’s Yet to Unfold: Left for dead by a lot of Vikings fans and prognosticators, Booth has suddenly found himself in a fairly prominent role. He has been the team’s CB3 for the past couple games. He just turned 23 at the end of September.
3) Vikings Bring a New Pass Rusher to the Squad: The departure of Luiji Vilain meant Minnesota was interested in adding a bit more depth, a move that seems prudent when we remember that Marcus Davenport will be on the IR for at least three more games. The new pass rusher has some starting experience and has played in plenty of games.
4) Vikings Pass Rusher Scooped Up by Thielen’s Panthers: Tough news for the Canadian Vikings fans. Luiji Vilain can hopefully get onto the field with great regularity, picking up the experience he needs to carve our a nice career in the NFL.
5) Colts Snatch Former Vikings Defender: A chance for the defensive tackle to get his career off the ground. Ross Blacklock didn’t work out in Minnesota but the gamble from Kwesi Adofo-Mensah was worth it given the DT’s background as a 2nd-round selection. Indy is in the middle of a rebuild, so the young defender can hopefully settle in for a while.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.