The P/PTSD Perspective: A Starter Returning, A QB Being Mocked in RD1, & Harrison Smith’s Final Games in MIN?
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting five of their top articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peek at some of their best stuff.
The P/PTSD Perspective: December 9th, 2023
1) Justin Jefferson Isn’t the Only Vikings Starter Coming Back After the Bye: The Vikings will be very pleased to get a starting corner back onto the field: sophomore Akayleb Evans. Long and strong, Evans offers Brian Flores a player capable of matching up with the taller, stronger receivers in today’s NFL.
2) A QB is the Early 2024 NFL Mock Draft Darling for the Vikings: Buckle up, people. The mock draft madness is slowly awakening from its hibernation. Once things truly get going, there will be no shortage of speculation about the QBs who will be available in RD1. And, to be sure, there’s a pretty good chance the Vikings decide to go for one.
3) An Underrated Piece Emerging in the Vikings’ Defense: D.J. Wonnum has done excellently. True, he’s not at the same level as Danielle Hunter, but he doesn’t need to be. Simply developing into a solid starter is wonderful news for Minnesota, especially since Marcus Davenport hasn’t been able to stay healthy.
4) The Vikings Can Leap Up in the NFC Standings on Thursday: Being at 6-6 means Minnesota is in a spot where the performance from other teams makes a huge difference. Now, they still have quite a bit of autonomy when it comes to making the postseason. Pulling off a win in every game the rest of the way would guarantee a spot in the final tournament.
5) Is The Hitman Careening Toward his Final Stretch of Vikings Football?: In all likelihood, his cap hit in 2024 is too large to justify. The end result will thus be to either adjust the deal somehow — lowering his portion of the pie, so to speak — or to cut him. Nothing is certain, but Vikings fans should be paying extra attention to Harrison Smith in these finals weeks.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
Kevin O’Connell Hints that Jaren Hall Wasn’t a Contender to Start in Week 14
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.