The P/PTSD Perspective: Sneaky News, a Regrettable Cut, & an Extension Upcoming
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting their top 5 articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peak at some of their best stuff.
The P/PTSD Perspective: September 9th, 2023
1) Very Sneakily, the Vikings Point Toward a Pretty Large Development for Week 1: Pretty casual approach from the Vikings on this news. Maybe that was merely an accident or maybe it was intentional. Regardless, Minnesota will benefit from having one of their best players on the field.
2) The 1 Cut the Vikings May Live to Regret: Always tough decisions when getting to the end of roster cuts. Unfortunately, a talented player didn’t make it onto Minnesota’s practice squad. Instead, he’ll be helping Jordan Love begin the next era in Green Bay.
3) Report: Vikings, Justin Jefferson Have a Contract Extension “On the Table:” A lot of Vikings fans are concerned about this one. The season is nearly here, so agreeing to a deal that keeps Mr. Jefferson in town for the next little while is a top priority.
4) In Recent Days, the Vikings GM Has Been Undoing Past Misses and Mistakes: No one is perfect, a reality that even extends to NFL executives. On the one hand, the Vikings’ GM deserves a bit of criticism for missing on some trades and picks. On the other hand, the Vikings’ GM deserves some praise for recognizing a sunk cost and moving on.
5) Rookie Vikings WR Gets High Praise from His QB Ahead of Week 1: No shortage of hype for the young wide receiver. If things proceed as expected, Addison is going to be in a featured role very early in his rookie season.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full-time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.