The P/PTSD Perspective: A Turned Down Trade, Former GM’s Advice, & Contract Shenanigans
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting their top 5 articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peak at some of their best stuff.
1) The Vikings Turned Down a Trade in the First Round of the 2023 Draft: Doing so allowed Kevin O’Connell to keep his word. The head coach told the receiver Minnesota would select him and the team followed through. Part of the cost of doing business was turning down a trade option that was present.
2) The Vikings Got Good News Regarding a Potential Dalvin Cook Trade: An ongoing saga, Dalvin Cook remains on the Vikings roster. Plenty of teams could use his talents (including a prominent one in the NFC). Truth be told, the Vikings are better when Cook is in the backfield. Even still, the allure of more cap room is strong.
3) Former Vikings GM Has 2 Free Agents in Mind for Minnesota: I’ve been pushing for Justin Houston for a long time. Obviously, the opinion of Jeff Diamond carries far, far more weight than my tiny voice. Perhaps the team will lean on their added cap room to pull something off.
4) The Tomfoolery & Shenanigans Behind the Vikings’ 3-Year Deal with TE Josh Oliver: A Kwesi classic, the Josh Oliver deal isn’t particularly straightforward. The GM – alongside plenty of help from cap expert Rob Brzezinski – moved money around to make the cap hit easy to digest in 2023.
5) ESPN Analysts Predicts One More Vikings Move for the 2023 Offseason: Basically everyone in the state of Minnesota will agree with what the ESPN analyst is calling for. Justin Jefferson, it turns out, knows how to play football. Keep him in town for a while.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.