The P/PTSD Perspective: Reactions to The Passtronaut, Piling Up Picks in 2024, & Everson Griffen’s New Gig
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting five of their top articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peak at some of their best stuff.
The P/PTSD Perspective: November 11th, 2023
1) 8 Reactions to the Vikings’ Improbable Win in Atlanta: Predictably enough, Vikings fans were interested in reading about what just happened inside Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Now known as The Passtronaut, Josh Dobbs entered the contest even though he barely knew the Vikings offense. He even led a game-winning drive that resulted in Brandon Powell scoring the decisive touchdown.
2) The Vikings are Piling Up Picks for the 2024 NFL Draft: Indeed, they certainly are. By my count, the Vikings are now sitting on a whopping nine selections going into the 2024 NFL Draft. Kwesi Adofo-Mensah will thus be in a great position to keep restocking the cupboards as he brings his competitive rebuild closer and closer toward legitimate Super Bowl contention.
3) Kevin O’Connell Makes Starting QB Decision for Week 10: Was there ever any suspense? The fantastic Falcons performance would have made it basically impossible to go with anyone else. And, of course, there’s the simple reality that Minnesota QBs just aren’t very healthy right now. Good chance this job belongs to Dobbs until he proves with his play that he doesn’t deserve it.
4) Everson Griffen Has a New Gig: Happy for him. The former Vikings pass rusher has certainly had some struggles, so it’s wonderful to see him involved in football once again as he looks to develop high school athletes in Minnesota. Very few have been as good at terrorizing quarterbacks as Mr. Griffen.
5) Josh Dobbs Already Has a Favorite Receiver for the Vikings: The term “receiver” may be a touch misleading. After all, it was tight end T.J. Hockenson who quickly established a rapport with the new QB. A huge target, Hockenson is a nice place to start for any quarterback, especially one who is just getting his feet wet in Minnesota.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
Vikings Add a New QB in Response to Tidal Wave of Injuries
K. Joudry is the Senior Editor for Vikings Territory and PurplePTSD. He has been covering the Vikings full time since the summer of 2021. He can be found on Twitter and as a co-host for Notes from the North, a humble Vikings podcast.