The P/PTSD Perspective: A Mountain of Picks, A Sneaky 4th Rounder, & Growing Optimism
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting their top 5 articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peak at some of their best stuff.
1) The Vikings Are Building a Small Mountain of 2024 Draft Picks: In hindsight, the word mountain doesn’t seem quite right. Perhaps “hill” or “mound.” Or, perhaps, a greater emphasis on the word “small.” Alas, part of the point remains: even after sending out 2024 picks for T.J. Hockenson, Jalen Reagor, and Nick Mullens, the Vikings have some strong draft capital.
2) Very Sneakily, Minnesota’s 4th-Round Rookie Eyes a Vital Job in Vikings Defense: Unless Byron Murphy is the full-time option, the Vikings don’t have a great slot solution. Maybe Jay Ward – a Swiss-Army knife in college – can help.
3) Optimism Grows for Vikings’ In-House Right Guard Solution: The sophomore didn’t play particularly well as a rookie. In fact, he was the weak link within Minnesota’s suddenly competent offensive line. Getting a large step forward from Mr. Ingram would go a long way in helping Kevin O’Connell’s offense continue its upward trajectory.
4) Cutting Jalen Reagor Isn’t Without Complexity, Cost, & Consternation: Reagor has commonly been in the cut chatter recently. The team has brought in competition for his spot and he really struggled last season. However, there are some issues that make a cut not as straightforward as some assume. And, of course, the hope is that he’ll turn things around in 2023.
5) In 439 Days, Kwesi Adofo-Mensah Completely Remodeled the Vikings CB Room: Think back to the Mike Zimmer and Rick Spielman days. Did the pair ever make it a priority to acquire corners? Did they sink tons of draft capital into the position? In a little more than a year on the job, Kwesi Adofo-Mensah built a corner room that doesn’t have any carry over. Pretty wild.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.