The P/PTSD Perspective: Hoodwinked Spielman, Position Battles, & O’Connell’s Kept Word
PurplePTSD works in partnership with Vikings Territory, similarly doing their utmost to offer top-notch coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. As a result, we’re promoting their top 5 articles of the past week in “The P/PTSD Perspective.” Take a peak at some of their best stuff.
1) Rick Spielman Shares Draft Story About Getting “Hoodwinked:” A fairly candid story from the former general manager. Bringing C.J. Gardner-Johnson to Minnesota would have been an excellent decision. In the end, the NFL Draft was hard to tame, forcing the Vikings to pivot toward another player.
2) PFF Tosses Over Both the Gold and Silver Medal to Vikings for UDFA Deals: Lots of love for the top pair of UDFA signings in Minnesota. The Vikings actually added 15 players in undrafted free agency, but the top pair have been snagging all the headlines.
3) 3 Position Battles the Vikings Will Run Into this Summer: We’re entering offseason competition time. The team has some notable needs and much of the strategy involves bringing in a ton of players to see who emerges. Brian Flores will need to work some magic.
4) For the Vikings’ Finances, Something’s Gotta Give: Yes, very true. The top-51 cutoff allows the Vikings to get some stuff done but there are still cap constraints. If the Vikings’ 2023 budget was a corner store, there would be a sign in the window reading “Cap Space Needed: Apply Within.”
5) Kevin O’Connell Kept his Word, and That Matters: O’Connell, quite evidently, thinks it’s important to build up strong relationships with his players. Step 1 involved reminding Jordan Addison that the promise was fulfilled.
Enjoy the extra reading, Vikings fans.
You must be logged in to post a comment.