The Vikings 2022 Defense by the Numbers: After Week 9
The Minnesota Vikings have eight games in the books in 2022, with a 7-1 record heading into Week 10.
Rookie head coach Kevin O’Connell won for a seventh time last weekend, thanks to a superb Vikings defense and clutch offensive performance in the 4th Quarter. Next up, the Vikings travel to the 6-2 Buffalo Bills, who will either have Josh Allen or Case Keenum at quarterback. Allen injured his elbow against the New York Jets last weekend.
The Vikings are five-point underdogs on the road against the Bills, who lost to the Jets, 20-17, at MetLife Stadium.
These are the Vikings defensive rankings through Week 9.
Note: With bye weeks underway, all stats are “per game.”
- 4th in Yards per Point Allowed
- 5th in Takeaways
- 6th in INT %
- 6th in Sacks
- 6th in 1st Half Points Allowed
- 7th in Fewest Defensive Penalty Yards
- 8th in Defensive 3rd Down Conv %
- 9th in Yards per Rush Allowed
- 9th in Sack %
- 10th in Rushing Yards Allowed
- 11th in Points per Play Allowed
- 12th in Points Allowed
- 12th in Fewest Defensive Penalties
- 14th in Defensive EPA/Play
- 16th in Passing Defense DVOA
- 16th in Rushing TDs Allowed
- 17th in Defensive 4th Down Conv %
- 17th in TDs Allowed
- 19th in Rushing Defense DVOA
- 19th in Defense DVOA
- 19th in Passing TDs Allowed
- 20th in Passer Rating Allowed
- 20th in 2nd Half Points Allowed
- 22nd in Yards per Play Allowed
- 25th in Yards Allowed
- 25th in 1st Downs Allowed
- 27th in Passing Yards Allowed
- 27th in Completion % Allowed
- 32nd in Redzone TD % Allowed
Dustin Baker is a political scientist who graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2007. Subscribe to his daily YouTube Channel, VikesNow. He hosts a podcast with Bryant McKinnie, which airs every Wednesday with Raun Sawh and Sally from Minneapolis. His Viking fandom dates back to 1996. Listed guilty pleasures: Peanut Butter Ice Cream, ‘The Sopranos,’ and The Doors (the band).
You must be logged in to post a comment.