The Vikings 2022 Defense by the Numbers: After Week 6
The Minnesota Vikings have six games in the books in 2022, with a 5-1 record heading into a bye week.
Rookie head coach Kevin O’Connell won for a fifth time, thanks to the best defensive showing of the season to date and some timely offensive plays from Kirk Cousins, Dalvin Cook, Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielen, and Irv Smith. Next up, the Vikings rest on the bye, with eyes locked on the Arizona Cardinals in Week 8. The Cardinals play on Thursday Night Football versus the New Orleans Saints this week.
The Vikings are early 6.5-point favorites at home in 11 days against the Cardinals, who lost in Week 6 to the Seattle Seahawks, 19-9.
These are the Vikings defensive rankings through Week 6.
- 1st in Fewest Defensive Penalty Yards
- 2nd in Fewest Defensive Penalties
- 3rd in Yards per Point Allowed
- 5th in Takeaways
- 7th in Defensive 3rd Down Conv %
- 7th in Sacks
- 8th in Sack %
- 8th in Passing TDs Allowed
- 9th in 1st Half Points Allowed
- 11th in Points Allowed
- 11th in Points per Play Allowed
- 13th in Defense EPA/Play
- 13th in TDs Allowed
- 13th in Yards per Rush Allowed
- 15th in INT %
- 15th in 2nd Half Points Allowed
- 16th in Rushing Yards Allowed
- 20th in Passer Rating Allowed
- 20th in Rushing Defense DVOA
- 21st in Defense DVOA
- 22nd in Pass Defense DVOA
- 24th in 1st Downs Allowed
- 26th in Yards Allowed
- 27th in Rushing TDs Allowed
- 29th in Yards per Play Allowed
- 29th in Completion % Allowed
- 29th in Passing Yards Allowed
- 31st in Yards per Pass Allowed
- 31st in Defensive Redzone TD % Allowed
Vikings Territory Also Read: Bears Say ‘No More’ to Ex-Vikings Playmaker
Dustin Baker is a political scientist who graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2007. Subscribe to his daily YouTube Channel, VikesNow. He hosts a podcast with Bryant McKinnie, which airs every Wednesday with Raun Sawh and Sally from Minneapolis. His Viking fandom dates back to 1996. Listed guilty pleasures: Peanut Butter Ice Cream, ‘The Sopranos,’ and The Doors (the band).
You must be logged in to post a comment.