The Vikings 2022 Defense by the Numbers: After Week 12
The Minnesota Vikings have 11 games in the books in 2022, with a 9-2 record exiting Week 12.
Rookie head coach Kevin O’Connell won for a ninth time in Week 12, thanks to a bounceback victory over the New England Patriots on Thanksgiving. Next up, the Vikings remain at home to play the 7-4 New York Jets, the seventh seed in the AFC’s evolving playoff picture.
The Vikings are three-point favorites at home against the Jets, who belittled the Chicago Bears in East Rutherford, 31-10, last weekend.
These are the Vikings defensive rankings through Week 12.
Note: With bye weeks underway, all stats are “per game.”
- 4th in 4th Quarter Points Allowed
- 5th in Fewest Defensive Penalty Yards
- 5th in Takeaways
- 6th in Fewest Defensive Penalties
- 8th in INT %
- 10th in Defensive 4th Down Conv %
- 11th in Yards per Point Allowed
- 12th in Sacks
- 13th in Yards per Rush Allowed
- 14th in Rushing Yards Allowed
- 15th in Sack %
- 16th in Defensive EPA/Play
- 16th in Rushing Defense DVOA
- 16th in Passing TDs Allowed
- 19th in Points per Play Allowed
- 19th in TDs Allowed
- 20th in 1st Half Points Allowed
- 21st in Points Allowed
- 21st in Defensive 3rd Down Conv %
- 22nd in 2nd Half Points Allowed
- 23rd in Defense DVOA
- 23rd in Rushing TDs Allowed
- 26th in Redzone TD% Allowed
- 26th in 1st Downs Allowed
- 27th in Passing Defense DVOA
- 28th in Passer Rating Allowed
- 31st in Yards Allowed
- 31st in Yards per Play Allowed
- 31st in Completion % Allowed
- 32nd in Yards per Pass Allowed
- 32nd in Passing Yards Allowed
Dustin Baker is a political scientist who graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2007. Subscribe to his daily YouTube Channel, VikesNow. He hosts a podcast with Bryant McKinnie, which airs every Wednesday with Raun Sawh and Sally from Minneapolis. His Viking fandom dates back to 1996. Listed guilty pleasures: Peanut Butter Ice Cream, ‘The Sopranos,’ and The Doors (the band).
You must be logged in to post a comment.