Just the Numbers: Vikings Defensive Rankings after Week 6
The Minnesota Vikings have six games in the books in 2021, topping the Carolina Panthers most recently in a thriller by a score of 34-28
On the whole, Minnesota’s defense is progressing while the offense is steadily catching up. Early in the season, this sentence would’ve been phrased the other way around.
These are the Vikings defensive rankings through Week 6.
Please note: Bye weeks have begun, so all stats are ranked on a per-game basis.
- 1st in Sacks
- 1st in Defensive 3rd Down %
- 2nd in Sacks per Snap
- 4th in Overall Defensive PFF Grade
- 5th in Completion % Allowed
- 6th in Defensive DVOA
- 6th in Passing TDs Allowed
- 7th in Touchdowns Allowed
- 7th in Passer Rating Allowed
- 12th in Passing Yards Allowed
- 13th in Takeaways
- 14th in Points Allowed
- 15th in Rushing TDs Allowed
- 15th in Yards per Pass Allowed
- 16th in Yards Allowed
- 16th in Yards per Play Allowed
- 17th in Points per Play Allowed
- 19th in Defensive 4th Down %
- 19th in Interceptions per Pass Attempt
- 23rd in Rushing Yards Allowed
- 25th in Redzone TD % Allowed
- 29th in Yards per Rush Allowed
Dustin Baker is a political scientist who graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2007. He hosts a podcast with Bryant McKinnie, which airs every Wednesday with Raun Sawh and Sally from Minneapolis. His Viking fandom dates back to 1996. Listed guilty pleasures: Peanut Butter Ice Cream, ‘The Sopranos,’ and The Doors (the band).