Just the Numbers: Vikings Defensive Rankings after Week 11
The Minnesota Vikings have 10 games in the books in 2021, winning last weekend over the Green Bay Packers 34-31 in a season-changing home triumph.
Minnesota travels to California for a date with the San Francisco 49ers in Week 12. The 49ers have the same record as the Vikings, 5-5.
These are the Vikings defensive rankings before Week 12.
Please note: Bye weeks are in effect, so all stats are ranked on a per-game basis.
- 1st in Sacks
- 5th in Completion % Allowed
- 7th in Rushing TDs Allowed
- 8th in Defensive 3rd Down %
- 8th in Passing Defense DVOA
- 13th in Defenisve DVOA
- 13th in Touchdowns Allowed
- 14th in Defensive EPA/play
- 14th in Yards per Point Allowed
- 15th in Passer Rating Allowed
- 15th in Interceptions
- 15th in Takeaways
- 18th in 2nd Half Points Allowed
- 20th in Passing Yards Allowed
- 20th in Points per Play Allowed
- 20th in 1st Half Points Allowed
- 20th in Defensive Penalties
- 22nd in Points Allowed
- 24th in Yards per Pass Allowed
- 24th in Passing TDs Allowed
- 25th in First Downs Allowed
- 25th in Redzone TD % Allowed
- 26th in Yards per Play Allowed
- 26th in Defensive 4th Down %
- 27th in Rushing Defense DVOA
- 27th in Rushing Yards Allowed
- 27th in Defensive Penalty Yards
- 28th in Yards Allowed
- 31st in Yards per Rush Allowed
Dustin Baker is a political scientist who graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2007. He hosts a podcast with Bryant McKinnie, which airs every Wednesday with Raun Sawh and Sally from Minneapolis. His Viking fandom dates back to 1996. Listed guilty pleasures: Peanut Butter Ice Cream, ‘The Sopranos,’ and The Doors (the band).