Let’s Reid between the lines…
When looking at Minnesota Vikings future, there are literally dozens of unanswered questions. The team earned a losing record of 7-9 in 2020, so fans can expect major and minor changes during the offseason. From the most obvious, to some of the more subtle ones, here are 21 pressing questions for the 2021 squad:
- Who will be the starting quarterback week one?
- Will tight end Kyle Rudolph be on the roster?
- Who will be the next offensive coordinator?
- Can Ryan Ficken get special teams up to par?
- Will safety Anthony Harris be given a new deal?
- Will Riley Reiff start at left tackle for another year, or be cut to save cap?
- Is corner Mike Hughes a bust, or can he stay healthy and finally prove himself?
- Who will be the number three wide receiver?
- Will linebacker Anthony Barr be kept around another year despite his overvalued contract?
- Will defensive end Danielle Hunter be back from injury by week one?
- Who will play left guard?
- Does tackle Oli Udoh’s raw potential earn him a roster spot, or is he destined to be cut?
- Will center Garrett Bradbury finally show the talent of a first round pick?
- Is running back Mike Boone worth a roster spot?
- Is Michael Pierce a long term solution at defensive tackle?
- Will Dan Bailey be the Vikings kicker for another year, or will the team bring in yet another?
- What position will the Vikings use their first round pick on?
- Will defensive end DJ Wonnum develop as quickly as Danielle Hunter?
- Can Mike Zimmer raise the defense from the ashes and be top-ten again?
- Will defensive end Everson Griffen be brought back to Minnesota?
- Will the Vikings win their first Super Bowl?
Some of these will be answered before opening kickoff, while others (question 21) will hopefully not be answered until February 2022. Only time will tell, but one thing is for sure: this will be a captivating team to watch.