As the Super Bowl confetti has fallen and lockers have been emptied, Mike Zimmer and Rick Spielman are beginning to concoct a plan for next season. If you think the offseason is a time to turn away from the purple and gold, you are sadly mistaken. There are plenty of big question marks for Minnesota, and they will help determine the fate of the franchise in the coming season and beyond.
Here are 20 of the most pressing questions for the 2020 Vikings that I will delve into during the offseason:
- Who will call the defensive plays?
2. Will Dom Capers be a great asset to the defense, or create a too many cooks in the kitchen scenario?
3. Will Xavier Rhodes make the 53 man roster?
4. Will Riley Reiff be moved from tackle to guard, or will he be cut?
5. Can the Vikings afford to bring back Britton Colquitt after he helped boost Dan Bailey’s kicking confidence?
6. Will the team approach Linval Joseph about restructing to save cap space, and would he go for it?
7. Will Stefon Diggs be traded?
8. Will the team use any of their limited cap space to re-sign breakout safety Anthony Harris?
9. Who will be the backup quarterback?
10. Who will be the team’s starting left guard?
11. Will the Vikings draft a quarterback?
12. Will the franchise tag be used?
13. Will Dalvin Cook still play if the Vikings don’t raise his pay?
14. Does Marcus Sherels have a place on the team anymore?
15. How long will it take for Mike Hughes to recover from his broken vertabrae?
16. Who will be the number three wide receiver?
17. Is Dru Samia ready to be a starter?
18. Will the Vikings bring back Stephen Weatherly?
19. Was Dom Capers hired to experiment with running a 3-4 defense?
20. Will this be the year that the Vikings win the Super Bowl?
Stay tuned for much more Vikings lore! If you’re looking for somewhere to vent, chat, or debate some of these topics, the message board is a great place to go! Check it out here: https://purpleptsd.com/forums/forum/vikings-newsdiscussion/