For the Minnesota Vikings, some good news emerged from the TCO Performance Center on Tuesday.
Linval Joseph was cleared to participate in team drills. The nose tackle returned to practice as a full participant for the first time this summer. Joseph, 30, underwent multiple operations this offseason, including shoulder surgery. He was a limited participant throughout training camp. When asked if he’ll play Saturday, Joseph replied, “We’ll see. Right now I’m just glad to be out here practicing with the guys.”
Offensive tackle Brian O’Neill (arm) was seen rehabbing on a side field. He donned a helmet and pads, which could be a sign he is nearing full health. O’Neill missed the team’s first two preseason games due to what’s believe to be an elbow issue, but according to Chad Graff of the Athletic, he appears to be nearing a return to the field.
Notes from today’s Vikings practice:
— Linval Joseph and Ameer Abdullah returned and were full participants.
— Brian O’Neill appears to be getting close. Was in pads/helmet rehabbing on side field.
— Bisi Johnson didn’t participate.
— Duke Thomas and Cameron Smith still 2nd-team.
— Chad Graff (@ChadGraff) August 20, 2019
More injury updates:
- Offensive lineman Aviante Collins (leg) worked on the rehab field along with cornerback Mike Hughes (knee), who remains on the preseason PUP list
- Running back Ameer Abdullah, who was inactive for the Vikings’ preseason game against the Seahawks on Sunday night, returned to practice on Tuesday
- Wide receiver Bisi Johnson (undisclosed) was a non-participant
- Fellow wideout Jeff Badet left practice early due to an apparent injury. Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press later reported that the injury is not considered serious
- Defensive end Ade Aruna (undisclosed) did not participate in Tuesday’s practice
We’ll bring you more injury updates throughout the (short) week. The Vikings host the Arizona Cardinals in their third preseason matchup this Saturday at noon.