Links of the Week: No Excuses
NFL owners, head coaches, and general managers attended the league’s annual four-day meeting in Boca Raton, Florida this past week. Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer was one of this year’s attendees and provided the media with some interesting answers to their questions.
Prospect talk is also continuing to heat up as the 2016 NFL Draft is now less than 40 days away. The speculation and ideas of what Minnesota will do with their first round selection still remains a hot topic among the team’s fans and media.
- After the Vikings added depth and talent to their offensive line through free agency this offseason, Minnesota head coach Mike Zimmer sent a text message to the team’s top two offensive players about his expectations for them in 2016.
- Sometimes, a team re-signing its own players is the best decision to make during the NFL offseason and the Vikings have done just that.
- Minnesota ranked fifth in scoring defense in 2015, but Zimmer still thinks the unit has a lot to improve upon going into next season.
- The Vikings are one of eight teams that could play a game in China against the Los Angeles Rams, but one source feels that Minnesota is unlikely to be selected to play in the Far East.
- Fans of the Vikings and Zimmer can buy a shirt that not only supports the team’s coach and his charity foundation, but one that also reveals who they are backing for this year’s election.
- What did Pro Football Focus think about Minnesota’s free agent signings compared to the other three teams in the NFC North?
- New players are not the only thing the Vikings have added this offseason as Minnesota’s 2016 coaching staff is now filled with more head coaching experience than almost every other NFL team.
- The Vikings next big offseason signing could very well already be on their roster.
Photo of the Week
- Either Minnesota wide receiver Stefon Diggs has been hitting the weight room extra hard this offseason or he has been improving his photoshop skills.
Podcast of the Week
- The Purple People Podcast took the plunge this week and recorded their first ever live, video podcast.
Vikings Film Room
- If you have three hours to kill and are feeling nostalgic, check out wide receiver Randy Moss’ first career regular season game in Minnesota.