The Vikings have started hot enough to keep hope alive, but an NFL team’s postseason hopes are contingent on their injury report, so Vikings fans have had plenty to fret about since that fateful practice that led to Teddy Bridgewater missing the entire season.
The injuries are piling up, with left tackle Matt Kalil and running back Adrian Peterson the latest to create headlines and cause concern, but the 2-0 Vikings still present reasons for optimism to their loyal fans.
Today, I’m taking you around the web to visit all of our friends and see what is being written about this team, via our weekly “Links of the Week” tradition.
- It should not go unmentioned that Chad Greenway is still such an awesome force off the field. This last week has featured Greenway raising a bunch of money and donating a bunch of money… and the end results are wonderful.
- A glance at the key matchups of note as the Vikings prepare to face Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers.
- The Vikings have to employ their “next man up” mentality now more than ever.
- The game in Carolina could actually be moved due to protests in Charlotte area this week.
- Stefon Diggs won offensive player of the week honors in the NFC.
- Second-year player T.J. Clemmings will get the start at left tackle this week.
- Optimism can still be found even after the rash of injuries to key players.
- Stefon Diggs is quickly becoming one of the best receivers in the NFL.
- The Panthers have injury concerns of their own as the prepare for this weekend’s game.
- Xavier Rhodes practicing again can only be a good sign with Kelvin Benjamin coming up next.
- A look at four memorable moments from the U.S. Bank Stadium regular season opener.
- The Vikings certainly face a big decision on the future of Adrian Peterson.
- Captain Munnerlyn is hoping to emerge victorious in his return to Carolina.
- The Vikings state that Adrian Peterson’s surgery was “successful.”
- The offensive line continues to be the team’s biggest liability.
- Norv Turner is impressed with what he has seen from quarterback Sam Bradford.
- Don’t forget to wear your trash talk on your chest this season!