As the video above drives home, no fan base in the NFL knows what it means to endure heartbreak quite like the fine folks that will soon be filling the seats of U.S. Bank Stadium. With an early heartbreak already this year, followed by a stress-inducing trade, this season is already shaping up to be another memorable one for the purple faithful.
Before those seats are filled in the new stadium, however, we have an opener to play in Tennessee.
Now is that time of the week where we take a look around the web, we look to our friends for their best reads, and send you there to gobble it all up.
- Five reasons to be optimistic about quarterback Sam Bradford’s time ahead as a Viking.
- Congratulations to former Vikings Territory editor Arif Hasan who has landed a job with 1500 ESPN. In the meantime, here is his 18 trillion word (estimate) article on Sam Bradford.
- Don’t forget to wear your trash talk on your chests this season!
- Mike Zimmer does not plan to name a Week One starting quarterback until Sunday.
- The Vikings need cornerback Trae Waynes to step up in his second NFL season.
- Here are some key matchups to keep an eye on during the upcoming game.
- For those that like their Vikings takes in podcast form.
- Check out this excellent interview with Alan Page.
- Count Boomer Esiason among those that haven’t lost faith in the Vikings chances to be great.
- A Week One preview of Minnesota’s matchup in Tennessee.
- If you are interested in a not-so-glowing review of Rick Spielman’s time in Minnesota.
- Quick nod to our own Andy Carlson officially making his big league debut!
- Sam Bradford’s receivers in Philadelphia can give us hope that he’ll be more productive here.
- Teddy Bridgewater is reportedly scheduled to undergo surgery on his knee today.
- Adrian Peterson isn’t sweating having to go through another round of Minnesota-style quarterback uncertainty.
- Eric Kendricks is expected to return to the field on Sunday and aims to help improve the run defense.
- Haloti Ngata of the Lions thinks the Vikings have the best offensive line in the NFC North.
- Count Brett Favre among those that thinks the sudden marriage of Sam Bradford and the Vikings could work out nicely.