There were no pads put on this week, but Vikings fans did get to hear from their team’s head coach and general manager for the first time in almost two months. Rick Spielman and Mike Zimmer gave the Minnesota media plenty of topics to explore this week after speaking to the press at the NFL Combine.
Zimmer and Spielman are also at the combine to do a job and find the best players to help their team in the near future. The Vikings and their staff finally get a chance to see potential draft selections up close and in person.
- Draft Season has been doing an outstanding job at providing scouting reports for us here at Vikings Territory and this week they released their latest seven round mock draft for the Vikings.
- Minnesota had some great moments and they also had some bad moments in 2015. But what were some of their weirdest moments from last season?
- The transition from college to the NFL as been a struggle for many offensive linemen in the recent years. How does Rick Spielman believe this problem can be fixed?
- Pro Football Focus has some of the most unique NFL and college football statistics available on their website. Recently, they revealed what they think the Vikings should do this offseason in terms of free agency.
- Mike Mayock is supposedly a draft guru for NFL Network and during a conference call this week he gave his opinion on a few players he could see landing in Minnesota.
- When a projected top pick falls in the draft, somehow the Vikings seem to always be in position to scoop that player up and hand him a purple jersey.
- Due to the implementation of analytics into how they scout a potential player, Minnesota has recently been able to find a few hidden gems when making their draft selections.
- The focus at this week’s NFL combine is on how the player’s perform in each of their drills. What current Vikings performed the best when it was their year to participate in the combine?
- Minnesota running back Adrian Peterson got off to a hot start in the first half of the 2015 season, but did the fact that he turned 30-years-old affect how he finished the year?
- For your Moment of Zen this week, take a look back at how Jerick McKinnon caught everyone’s eye during his workouts at the 2014 NFL Combine…