LINKS OF THE WEEK: Sitting In First Place
A win in Atlanta earned the Vikings a seat atop the NFC North, one game ahead of the Green Bay Packers, and the hype train is again starting to pick up steam.
Minnesota won’t have to do an unreasonable amount of winning during the remaining schedule to land themselves a playoff spot, but maintaining their lead in the NFC North could indeed prove to be a difficult path to navigate.
With a crucial Week 13 battle against Seattle looming, we are taking a look around the web to see what all is being said about our beloved purple during this exciting time:
- The Vikings will need a wide out not named “Diggs” show up in a big way against Seattle.
- A roster move resulted in the addition of safety John Lowdermilk, son of a former Vikings player, to the practice squad this week.
- Cornerback Xavier Rhodes has been playing some of his best football lately.
- Chad Greenway was announced as the Vikings “Community Man of the Year” for the second straight season.
- An explanation as to why Adrian Peterson is still the focal point of Minnesota’s offense.
- These quotes about the 1999 NFC Championship game are so descriptive of an infamous moment in Minnesota Vikings history.
- During their road game in Atlanta, Vikings players noticed that the crowd was made up of a surprising amount of Vikings fans.
- An excellent recap of the action that led to the eighth victory of Minnesota’s season.
- Anthony Barr’s sophomore season has been as notable as just about any Vikings player so far this year.
- Linval Joseph and Captain Munnerlyn are paying off in their second season as Minnesota Vikings.
- The installation of scoreboards is the latest progress of interest at U.S. Bank Stadium.
- Harrison Smith isn’t just awesome on the field of play. He’s pretty great off of it, as well.
- Mike Zimmer said that if he lost one hundred pounds he could be a jockey. Why did he say that?
- Count Warren Moon among the many supporters Teddy Bridgewater has in his corner.
- The Vikings won’t comment on whether or not Michael Irvin was asked to help develop Cordarrelle Patterson this offseason.
- The Vikings have used some interesting tactics to overcome their deficiencies this season that include boxing gloves, ballet, and pig rasslin’.
- Phil Loadholt says it is an honor to receive the Ed Block Courage Award this season.
- And now, your moment of Zen: