A season that is all but suffocated. A star receiver on the mend. A quarterback under immense pressure to perform. A group of coaches whose seats have to feel a bit toasty. A linebacker calling for more drunks to attend games. A divisional home game fast approaching.
The drama has reached heights we have yet to see in 2012, which means there are plenty of great articles floating around the internet, and I am here to bring them all your way:
- Setting aside the number seven, Tarvaris Jackson (and the patience he was afforded as a Viking) is on the minds of fans as they watch Christian Ponder.
- I wish I could give credit to one of our Twitter followers that called this one weeks ago but I can’t remember who it was: Percy Harvin’s injury is worse than previously reported.
- Remember that excuse for Ponder’s play that involved the Vikings offensive line being terrible? About that… Click here.
- Cris Carter is a finalist for the Hall of Fame once again. And once again he will probably get screwed.
- If the Vikings wanted to make the playoffs still, they sure made the road to get there a much tougher one to travel.
- I think Adrian Peterson needs to be screened by the NFL for substance abuse violations. He seems to think Sunday’s loss somehow, at least partially, fell on him.
- Like the Ponder case, it is hard to continue to justify Brandon Fusco’s presence on the football field on a weekly basis.
- There are still some that think it is unfair to throw the blame for the passing game at Ponder’s feet.
- Here is a unique idea: Trade Joe Webb for Matt Flynn. Interesting.
- Some, like me, think that the decision to hold fast with Ponder has not been left up to Leslie Frazier but is instead an order coming down from the top.
- I like videos of Adrian Peterson running like a mad man. I bet you do to.
- 2,000 yard could be a realistic goal for Adrian Peterson as the end of the season draws nearer.
- Christian Ponder is now engaged. So, there’s that.
- A former first round pick of the Vikings has passed away.
- Some perspective from Fran Tarkenton never seems to hurt in times like these.
- Jared Allen is dealing with some injury stuff this year.
- Chad Greenway wants Vikings fans to show up drunk and loud on Sunday.