The Vikings 2022 Defense by the Numbers: After Week 5
The Minnesota Vikings have five games in the books in 2022, with a 4-1 record heading into Week 6.
Rookie coach Kevin O’Connell won for a fourth time, thanks to a game-winning drive by Kirk Cousins and a defensive yank-away from Cameron Dantzler. Next up, the Vikings head to Florida for a date with the Miami Dolphins.
The Vikings are early three-point favorites at the Dolphins, who lost in Week 5 to the New York Jets, 40-17.
These are the Vikings defensive rankings through Week 5.
- 2nd in Fewest Penalties
- 2nd in Fewest Penalty Yards
- 5th in 4th Quarter Points Allowed
- 8th in Yards per Point Allowed
- 12th in Sack %
- 12th in Sacks
- 13th in Defensive 3rd Down Conv %
- 13th in TDs Allowed
- 13th in Takeaways
- 13th in 2nd Half Points Allowed
- 14th in Points Allowed
- 14th in Points per Play Allowed
- 15th in Yards per Rush Allowed
- 16th in 1st Half Points Allowed
- 19th in Defensive INT %
- 19th in 1st Downs Allowed
- 20th in Rushing Yards Allowed
- 21st in Defensive EPA/Play
- 22nd in Passing Yards Allowed
- 23rd in Rushing Defense DVOA
- 23rd in Passer Rating Allowed
- 24th in Yards Allowed
- 26th in Yards per Play Allowed
- 26th in Passing Defense DVOA
- 28th in Defensive DVOA
- 28th in Rushing TDs Allowed
- 29th in Yards per Pass Allowed
- 29th in Defensive Redzone TD % Allowed
- 31st in Completion % Allowed
Vikings Territory Also Read: 12 Snap Reactions after Vikings-Bears
Dustin Baker is a political scientist who graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2007. Subscribe to his daily YouTube Channel, VikesNow. He hosts a podcast with Bryant McKinnie, which airs every Wednesday with Raun Sawh and Sally from Minneapolis. His Viking fandom dates back to 1996. Listed guilty pleasures: Peanut Butter Ice Cream, ‘The Sopranos,’ and The Doors (the band).