The Vikings 2022 Defense by the Numbers: After Week 11
The Minnesota Vikings have 10 games in the books in 2022, with an 8-2 record exiting Week 11.
Rookie head coach Kevin O’Connell lost for a second time in Week 11, thanks to a trouncing from the Dallas Cowboys, 40-3. Next up, the Vikings remain at home to play the 6-4 New England Patriots, the sixth seed in the AFC’s evolving playoff picture.
The Vikings are three-point favorites at home against New England, who stunningly beat the New York Jets in Week 11 courtesy of a late-game punt return touchdown.
These are the Vikings defensive rankings through Week 11.
Note: With bye weeks underway, all stats are “per game.”
- 3rd in Takeaways
- 8th in INT %
- 10th in Fewest Defensive Penalties
- 10th in Fewest Defensive Penalty Yards
- 11th in Yards per Point Allowed
- 13th in Rushing Defense DVOA
- 14th in Defensive 4th Down Conv %
- 14th in Yards per Rush Allowed
- 14th in Sacks
- 15th in Defensive EPA/Play
- 16th in Sack %
- 16th in Passing TDs Allowed
- 18th in Defense DVOA
- 18th in Rushing Yards Allowed
- 18th in Points per Play Allowed
- 19th in Points Allowed
- 19th in Passing Defense DVOA
- 20th in 1st Half Points Allowed
- 20th in TDs Allowed
- 22nd in Defensive 3rd Down Conv %
- 23rd in Passer Rating Allowed
- 24th in 2nd Half Points Allowed
- 25th in Rushing TDs Allowed
- 29th in Yards Allowed
- 30th in Points per Play Allowed
- 30th in 1st Downs Allowed
- 31st in Yards per Pass Allowed
- 31st in Completion % Allowed
- 31st in Passing Yards Allowed
- 32nd in Redzone TD % Allowed
Dustin Baker is a political scientist who graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2007. Subscribe to his daily YouTube Channel, VikesNow. He hosts a podcast with Bryant McKinnie, which airs every Wednesday with Raun Sawh and Sally from Minneapolis. His Viking fandom dates back to 1996. Listed guilty pleasures: Peanut Butter Ice Cream, ‘The Sopranos,’ and The Doors (the band).