The Vikings 2022 Defense by the Numbers: After Week 14
The Minnesota Vikings have 13 games in the books in 2022, with a 10-3 record exiting Week 14.
Rookie head coach Kevin O’Connell lost for a third time in Week 14, thanks to an NFC North loss to the scrappy Detroit Lions. Next up, the Vikings head home to play the 4-8-1 Indianapolis Colts, the 14th seed in the AFC’s playoff chase. Indianapolis has a 3% of reaching the postseason, per FiveThirtyEight.com.
The Vikings are four-point favorites at home against the Colts, a team that was bullied in Week 13 during a 54-19 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.
These are the Vikings defensive rankings through Week 14.
- 6th in Fewest Defensive Penalties
- 8th in Takeaways
- 8th in Yards per Point Allowed
- 9th in Defensive 4th Down Conv %
- 10th in 4th Quarter Points Allowed
- 11th in Fewest Defensive Penalty Yards
- 13th in INT %
- 14th in Rushing Defense DVOA
- 15th in Defensive EPA/Play
- 15th in Defensive 3rd Down Conv %
- 16th in Rushing Yards Allowed
- 16th in Yards per Rush Allowed
- 17th in TDs Allowed
- 17th in 1st Half Points Allowed
- 17th in Sacks
- 18th in Passing TDs Allowed
- 19th in Points per Play Allowed
- 20th in Rushing TDs Allowed
- 22nd in Defense DVOA
- 22nd in Redzone TD % Allowed
- 22nd in Sack %
- 24th in Points Allowed
- 25th in Completion % Allowed
- 25th in Passer Rating Allowed
- 27th in Passing Defense DVOA
- 27th in 2nd Half Points Allowed
- 27th in 1st Downs Allowed
- 31st in Yards per Play Allowed
- 32nd in Yards Allowed
- 32nd in Yards per Pass Allowed
- 32nd in Passing Yards Allowed
Dustin Baker is a political scientist who graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2007. Subscribe to his daily YouTube Channel, VikesNow. He hosts a podcast with Bryant McKinnie, which airs every Wednesday with Raun Sawh and Sally from Minneapolis. His Viking fandom dates back to 1996. Listed guilty pleasures: Peanut Butter Ice Cream, ‘The Sopranos,’ and The Doors (the band).
You must be logged in to post a comment.