The Vikings 2022 Defense by the Numbers: After Week 10
The Minnesota Vikings have nine games in the books in 2022, with an 8-1 record exiting Week 10.
Rookie head coach Kevin O’Connell won for an eighth time in Week 10, thanks to a wild late-game comeback in Buffalo that wasn’t for the faint of heart. Next up, the Vikings travel home to play the 6-3 Dallas Cowboys, the sixth seed in the NFC’s evolving playoff picture.
The Vikings are one-point underdogs at home against the Cowboys, who lost to the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field in Week 10.
These are the Vikings defensive rankings through Week 10.
Note: With bye weeks underway, all stats are “per game.”
- 2nd in Takeaways
- 2nd in Turnover Differential
- 4th in Yards per Points Allowed
- 6th in INT %
- 9th in Defensive 3rd Down %
- 9th in 4th Quarter Points Allowed
- 10th in Sacks
- 11th in Sack %
- 12th in Points per Play Allowed
- 13th in Defensive EPA/Play
- 13th in Defensive Penalty Yards
- 14th in Points Allowed
- 14th in Rushing Defense DVOA
- 14th in 1st Half Points Allowed
- 15th in Passing Defense DVOA
- 15th in Defensive Penalties
- 15th in Yards per Rush Allowed
- 15th in Passer Rating Allowed
- 16th in Defensive 4th Down Conv %
- 16th in TDs Allowed
- 16th in Rushing Yards Allowed
- 18th in 2nd Half Points Allowed
- 19th in Defense DVOA
- 20th in Rushing TDs Allowed
- 26th in Completion % Allowed
- 28th in Yards per Play Allowed
- 29th in 1st Downs Allowed
- 29th in Yards Allowed
- 29th in Passing Yards Allowed
- 29th in Yards per Pass Allowed
- 31st in Redzone TD %
Hall of Fame QB Endorses Kirk Cousins
Dustin Baker is a political scientist who graduated from the University of Minnesota in 2007. Subscribe to his daily YouTube Channel, VikesNow. He hosts a podcast with Bryant McKinnie, which airs every Wednesday with Raun Sawh and Sally from Minneapolis. His Viking fandom dates back to 1996. Listed guilty pleasures: Peanut Butter Ice Cream, ‘The Sopranos,’ and The Doors (the band).
You must be logged in to post a comment.