Rumor Roundup: Calling Jerry Jones, Ongoing Stingley Interest, and An Unprecedented 15%
The weeks leading up to the draft always involve rumors aplenty. For this reason, I’m passing along this Vikings rumor roundup. As you’ll see, there is a fair amount going on for our friends in purple.
- Jerry Jones is interested in trading up. Perhaps Kwesi Adofo-Mensah ought to work the phone to see about a deal.
- The Vikings did their due diligence on a center who should be available late. Houston’s center put forth some eye-popping numbers at his pro day.
- Devonte Wyatt – a first-round talent who got sent to the Vikings in our VT/PTSD first round mock – visited with the Vikings.
- The Vikings have been connected to a couple other teams for trading down.
- In some ways, the Vikings are pursuing an unprecedented strategy with Kirk Cousins. The percentage of the salary cap that he demands is very high, all things considered.
- A lot of mock drafters are sending Derek Stingley Jr. to Minnesota. I don’t think he lasts to #12, but the Stingley to Vikings rumor refuses to die.
- It looks like the Vikings will be getting some extra draft capital in next year’s draft.
- PFF has some ideas for remaining FAs who might be a good fit in Minnesota. Both would help the trenches.
- A look at what it might cost to trade up to draft Sauce Gardner.
- Smoke Monday is an option for the Vikings in the draft.
Surely, there are many more Vikings rumors swirling in internet land. It’s the point in the offseason when the possibilities can sometimes feel endless. So much remains unknown with how KAM will approach the draft, so a trade (up or down) feels like it could happen. They might also choose to stay where they are, opting for a great talent who is there at the 12 spot. My guess is a trade down.
In other words, the rumors will continue. Be sure to keep swinging by Vikings Territory and Purple PTSD so you don’t miss a thing.
Vikings Territory Also Read: Former Vikings Receiver Finds New Home