In Week 16 the (11-3) Minnesota Vikings travel to Wisconsin to take on the (7-7) Packers in Green Bay. The 2017 NFC North champions have already clinched a playoff berth, but winning this week would assure the Vikings a first-round bye.
The Vikings are looking good from a health standpoint, especially for this late in the season.
Green Bay, meanwhile, is dealing with multiple notable injuries. They’ll be without star quarterback Aaron Rodgers and leading receiver Davante Adams and could be without starting linebackers Nick Perry and Clay Matthews. Also, did I mention the Packers have officially been eliminated from playoff contention?
Even so, with things trending upward for the Vikings and the Packers being kicked while they’re down, it doesn’t mean Green Bay won’t try to play spoiler Saturday night. Let’s take a look at how the teams stack up by the numbers.
The Vikings away record is 5-2.
- Total offense = 8th (367.6 YPG)
- Passing = 9th (246.4 YPG)
- Rushing = 9th (121.3 YPG)
- Scoring = 13th (23.8 PPG)
- Total defense = 2nd (283.9 YPG)
- Passing = 3rd (198.6 YPG)
- Rushing = 2nd (85.3 YPG)
- Scoring = 2nd (17.3 PPG)
- Passing – QB Case Keenum: 3,219 yards with 20 touchdowns and seven interceptions
- Rushing – RB Latavius Murray: 662 yards with six touchdowns
- Receiving – WR Adam Thielen: 1,191 yards with four touchdowns
- Tackles – MLB Eric Kendricks: 101
- Sacks – DE Everson Griffen: 13
- Interceptions – S Harrison Smith: 3
GREEN BAY PACKERS
The Packers home record is 4-3.
- Total offense = 23rd (314.0 YPG)
- Passing = 22nd (206.3 YPG)
- Rushing = 18th (107.7 YPG)
- Scoring = 17th (22.1 PPG)
- Total defense = 26th (356.4 YPG)
- Passing = 24th (240.0 YPG)
- Rushing = 20th (116.4 YPG)
- Scoring = 21st (23.8 PPG)
- Passing – QB Aaron Rodgers: 1,675 yards with 16 touchdowns and six interceptions
- FYI current starter Brett Hundley: 1,534 yards with eight touchdowns and eight interceptions
- Rushing – RB Aaron Jones: 435 yards with four touchdowns
- Receiving – WR Davante Adams: 885 yards with ten touchdowns
- Tackles – MLB Blake Martinez: 127
- Sacks – LB Clay Matthews: 7.5
- Interceptions – CB Damarious Randall: 4
- The Packers lead the all-time series between the two teams with a record of 60-52-2.
- The last time the two teams faced off in the regular season was Week 6 of 2017. On October 15th the Vikings beat the Packers 23-10.
- A win over Green Bay would be the Vikings first sweep of the Packers since 2009.
- About the Labor Podcast: Vikings-Packers Primer feat. Zach Jacobson
- Vikings and Packers injury reports
- MUST WATCH Bump and Run: Pop the Bubbly by Sam Neumann
- Skol Scale Vol. 18 – Passing of the Torch by Drew Mahowald
Team stats from NFL.com.
Matchup history from Pro Football Reference.