March was an interesting month that included a whole lot of wheel-spinning on the Adrian Peterson front, a trade that brought deep threat Mike Wallace to town and sent Greg Jennings packing, and also an extremely measured approach to free agency.
Before we get going on this week’s links, I want to take a look back at March and the most popular articles penned by each of our writers here at VT:
ARIF HASAN: A month ago, we published a sourced report that the Vikings were determined to get rid of Adrian Peterson.
DARREN PAGE: An incredibly detailed comparison of Teddy Bridgewater’s rookie season to those of other NFL quarterbacks.
ADAM WARWAS: Twist number 78 (give or take) in the Adrian Peterson “news” cycle was a report that the Arizona Cardinals were prepared to make a trade offer to acquire the superstar running back.
BRENT LABATHE: A look at how the fates of the Minnesota Vikings and the Cleveland Browns have been intertwining in recent years.
LINDSEY YOUNG: Defensive end Michael Johnson is once again “the one that got away” for the Minnesota Vikings.
AUSTIN BELISLE: There is a perception out there that the Vikings have backed Adrian Peterson into a corner.
BRETT ANDERSON: Partnering with Luke Inman to produce scouting reports of 2015’s top draft prospects has been a fun addition for the draft geeks around here (I love them, anyways). DeVante Parker’s scouting report has been the most popular of them all.
CARL KNOWLES: Our “Sleeper Sunday” events have seemed like a nice distraction during these quiet weekends, but the evaluation of quarterback Brandon Bridge was particularly popular.
ANDY CARLSON: Taking the leap into the deep end of the pool, Andy gave us his first written opinion articles during the month of March, including one about the release of Greg Jennings being a justified move.
If you like all the content here at VT and want to support this fine group of writers, then we have a no-pressure option for you! Simply visit out Fan Cave store and do your online shopping through our Amazon links. After all, you know you want one of these. Or two.
Okay, onto our Links of the Week:
- Few teams have been guarding their wallets as closely as the Vikings have this offseason.
- Jackson McIntyre makes his case for Marcus Peters, not Trae Waynes, as the top cornerback in this draft class.
- Of course, Trae Waynes is still a popular name with Vikings fans these days.
- As I said, Waynes is a hot topic at the moment.
- A post-free agency look at the Vikings roster and their perceived needs.
- The aftermath of free agency has changed the NFC North landscape.
- Dallas has made some recent moves that are leading people to believe they could be back in play for an Adrian Peterson trade.
- The Vikings are certainly doing their due diligence, or so it appears, on many linebacker prospects that will be available on Draft Weekend.
- The Vikings have announced their offseason workout dates.
- A comprehensive prediction of the Vikings depth chart at this point in the offseason.
- The Wilf Family continues to up their contributions to the new Vikings stadium.
- The Vikings have been mentioned as having interest in linebacker Brandon Spikes.
- Teddy Bridgewater might end up being the most valuable player selected in 2014 when all is said and done.
- Our new Polish lineman took an unusual path to his first NFL contract.
- The arrival of Mike Kafka meant the departure of Pat Devlin.
- Mike Zimmer says Teddy Bridgewater is “confident but not cocky.”
- Michigan State’s defensive coordinator sees Trae Waynes as an ideal fit for the Vikings.
- Here it is, your moment of Zen: