LINKS OF THE WEEK: Camp Draws Nearer
For the most part, this is the time of year when “no news is good news” and the Vikings are doing a great job of (knock on wood) staying out of the headlines for all of the wrong reasons. The lack of TMZ stories about our players can’t be a bad thing. Training camp is drawing nearer and here is everything going on around the net:
- Arif has raised the stakes (and rewards) for his training camp fundraiser. Help him get there and DONATE HERE.
- We love seeing new Vikings blogs spring up across the internet. This one has a great article on three undrafted free agents that could push for a roster spot. Keep that excellent content coming!
- The Vikings are not expected to be active in today’s supplemental Draft to the surprise of nobody.
- Here is another article with a “who to watch” type of prediction regarding training camp.
- Even MOAR predictions! This one has to do with offseason storylines being fact or fiction.
- Analyzing the quarterback play of Christian Ponder and Matt Cassel.
- I don’t want to shock you, but this site also has a list of players to keep an eye on in training camp.
- Cris Carter is catching flak for what Michael Irvin claims he said to his wife years ago. Oh, and all that has to do with Josh Gordon, too. It was a slow news day.
- If you are a Vikings fan then chances are good you miss this guy being on the beat.
- An insightful glance at the linebacker position with training camp right around the corner.
- Some light-hearted Vikings stuff to occupy a few minutes of your time.
- My old stomping grounds has changed a lot since my departure. For starters, they got a lot better looking. (Ladies, you can probably just skip this link)
- Cordarrelle Patterson has put “top five playmaker” at the top of his list of goals for 2014.
- One local reporter thinks Jamarca Sanford has the best chance of starting across from Harrison Smith.
- Building a big stadium requires a big crane.
- Kyle Rudolph is watching his weight and hoping to have a huge season.
- Behind Rudolph there is some intrigue regarding the tight end depth chart.
- Did Norv Turner tip his hand and signal Matt Cassel as the favorite to be his starting quarterback? You decide.
- Anthony Barr has a complex relationship, or lack thereof, with his father who is a former running back.
- The Vikings are facing scrutiny for choosing the north sideline as their own at TCF Bank Stadium.
- The charity efforts of Greg Jennings were recently featured on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
- Mike Wobschall does a little Q&A as a primer for training camp.
- Please, if you can, help VT become a little community capable of making a huge difference.
- And, now, your moment of Zen: