Links Of The (Bye) Week
With a 4-5 record, the Vikings enter their bye week in third place within the NFC North. Certain aspects (ahem, offensive line) have been disappointing enough that the words “Vikings” and “playoffs” are not mentioned in the same sentence very often these days. Still, there is a lot to be excited about with the way this team seems to be headed, and certainly plenty of storylines to discuss.
Here is the best from around the internet we could dig up on this week off. Click the link, read the words, and tell them who sent you:
- A quick glance back at how the offense performed during last week’s win over Washington.
- The arrival of Teddy Bridgewater signals a dramatic change to the Vikings football experience.
- The Governor of Wisconsin tried to sneak a hidden message across the border, hoping it would live eternal inside the new Vikings stadium.
- Anthony Barr is making a serious case for being called the best rookie lining up on defense this year.
- With grades as evidence, Sharrif Floyd’s light bulb seems to have clicked on over the last three weeks.
- Many, many topics covered in this podcast… add him to your weekly listening and you won’t be disappointed!
- A list of five things the Vikings need to happen in the games following the bye week.
- In case you missed it, Everson Griffen was the best defensive player in the NFC last month.
- Minnesota is not among the potential states potentially outsourcing football to London next season.
- Looking for something to excite you about Vikings football? Give Pete Bercich a try.
- Looking for something to excite you less about Vikings football? Give Vikes Geek a try.
- Notes and observations from the Washington game that are well worth reading.
- The Vikings are slowly clawing their way to respect when it comes to rankings.
- Sophomore slump? Inept offensive play design? Injury? Or is it just time we start to worry about Cordarrelle Patterson?
- Despite the slow start, and Adrian Peterson drama, these Vikings are giving us plenty of reasons to be optimistic.
- A look at the best surprises, biggest disappointments, and remaining question marks regarding the 2014 Minnesota Vikings.
- Five Vikings stats to chew on during the bye week.
- An in-depth diagnosis of Teddy Bridgewater’s deep ball issues which came to a head last week.
- The Minneapolis police want to review the tape from this week, make corrections, and get better before the next game. They should hire Leslie Frazier to make that happen.
- A little Q&A session with head coach Mike Zimmer.
- An evaluation of this year’s rookie class and their immediate value.
- Like many flashy NFL rookies, mastering the art of consistency is the next step for Jerick McKinnon.
- The Adrian Peterson saga could get uglier before it is fully resolved.
- Kyle Rudolph is still hoping to return after the bye week when the Vikings are set to take on Chicago.
- Here is a chance to get to know Rhett Ellison a little bit.
- And, now, your moment of Zen: