Links Of The Week: A Little Slow These Days
The news isn’t exactly hard to keep up with these days, because there isn’t much of it, but that didn’t stop us from digging up some good stuff to pass along this weekend:
- The Vikings seem to have a thing for tall defensive backs these days.
- A look at what undrafted quarterback James Vandenberg might bring to the #3 quarterback competition.
- The Vikings finalized their agreement to play at TCF Bank Stadium and there are some interesting details regarding the situation.
- Nick Reed may not have lasted long with the Vikings, but that hasn’t stopped him from having a bad ass career path.
- A year after “experts” failed to give the Vikings a chance at the playoffs it appears they are now gaining some respect.
- An old cohort of mine is now running Vikings Gab. Congrats to Chris Boynton 0n his new gig.
- A look at how the post-Draft depth chart is shaping up at the linebacker position.
- Cris Carter has finally been voted into the Hall of Fame so we are now left to wonder who the next Viking to receive that honor will be.
- Count Governor Mark Dayton as one of the clueless who think the Vikings weren’t justified, in terms of football reasons, to draft Chris Kluwe’s replacement.
- Rick Spielman recently said Christian Ponder deserves as much credit as Adrian Peterson in the franchise making the playoffs last year. Seriously. He said that. With word. From his mouth. And he wasn’t drunk.
- The Vikings have 39 players on their roster right now that they drafted which ranks 7th in the NFL.
- Linebacker Michael Mauti has a lengthy history of dealing with injury, but so does Vikings trainer Eric Sugarman.
- The Vikings have started yet another community oriented campaign called “WE DAY.”
- Rick Spielman is making it clear that he expects Ponder to make a big jump this season.
- Vegas is not being kind to the Vikings when it comes to predicting their 2013 chances.
- If the Vikings had their own “Mount Rushmore” who would you put on it?
- And now, here it is, your moment of Zen: