As a small blog, we try but struggle to “keep up with the Joneses” when it comes to reporting every little thing within moments of somebody saying or doing something newsworthy. We just don’t have the resources that many of the bigger outlets have, so we try to make up for it with character.
This week, however, I can honestly say that it has been a really long time since I have been quite so disappointed with these larger newsies and beat writers. They just keep on regurgitating old news, particularly about Percy Harvin, and half-assedly making it look like they are adding something new to the conversation.
With that being said, some of this stale “news” is making it’s way into today’s Links segment, but we are trying to send you towards the best, more innovative stories that we can find:
- For some reason Adrian Peterson would like to see Dwight Freeney join the Vikings. Another high priced, aging defensive end anybody?
- When it comes to Percy Harvin, Rick Spielman is saying the same exact thing he has been saying all along. But, he said it again so, therefore, it is news. Again.
- At the Combine Spielman talked up a number of receiver prospects while tossing some light criticism towards Christian Ponder and Manti Te’o.
- An examination of whether it should be Cris Carter or Randy Moss that is connsidered the best Vikings receiver of all time.
- Mortenson Construction has been awarded the bid for construction of the Vikings new stadium.
- This is officially going to be the last season the Minnesota Vikings play in the Metrodome.
- Former Viking Husain Abdullah has signed with the Chiefs after a year off of football.
- One of the better Harvin articles to be posted this week, without a doubt.
- Ponder threw the deep ball less than any quarterback in 2012, but that can’t continue into next season.
- Combine rumors are already making the rounds in Indy, and one of them is connecting quarterback Drew Stanton to the Vikings. I was not kind to Stanton in my free agency rankings.
- On offense, all eyes will be on the wide receivers during this week’s Combine for Vikings fans.
- As already discussed, the Vikings are expected to be very healthy this offseason, despite a few surgeries being needed after 2012.
- Spielman says he doesn’t plan to spend big during free agency again this year.
- The Pioneer Press stooped to a new low by following Harvin to his Florida home, getting a “no comment” answer from him, and then acting like they broke the biggest story since Watergate.
- The NFL released a tentative Draft order and the Vikings do now have nine picks, which was in question earlier this offseason.
- And, here it is, your moment of Zen: