Links of the Week: Rebound Edition
What is that you say? There wasn’t enough coverage of the Vikings here on VT alone? Well, we have just the thing for everyone out there who just can’t get enough purple – our favorite links of the week:
- Exactly how valuable is Blair Walsh to the Vikings? Our friends at The Vikings Age assess the young kickers value.
- Bill Musgrave told reporters that he wasn’t proud of their red zone ‘plan’ last week against the Redskins. Neither were we, Bill. Neither were we…
- Last week’s loss to the Redskins dropped the Vikings in their power rankings. Not as much as you may think, though. Multiple NFL.com ‘experts’ still have the Vikings listed right inside the top-10.
- “The Vikes have to win this game,” says Pascifist Viking in the KAB preview of this weekend’s match up against Arizona.
- The Vikings Gab has the low down on Vikings/Cardinals injuries.
- Have you guys seen the Vikings Weekly Game Posters ESPN 1500 has been making every week? They’re pretty darn awesome. Check this week’s out at the bottom of this post and then go see the rest of them.
- It’s never too soon to start thinking about the draft, right? The Daily Norseman takes another look at which college players could be future Vikings. Do Jesse Williams or Quinton Patton ring any bells?
- The Viking Age gets a twofer this week… Is it too soon to say John Carlson was a complete bust? They sure don’t think so.
- Kluwe’s going to debate a chair, so that’s fun.
- A.J. Jefferson, the ex-Cardinals quarterback the Vikings traded for early September, wants to stick it to his old team this week. How is he going to do that? By spilling the beans to Vikings coaching staff.
- Should Chris Cook be blowing receivers up at the line more often? Tom Pelissero with ESPN 1500 has a great write up on why the Vikings haven’t been having the over-sized corner play close to the line.
- Adam pointed out yesterday that it wouldn’t be inconceivable for the Vikings to target receiver Dwayne Bowe if they win their next two games. Apparently he’s not the only one.
- Another one from Rant Sports: Our buddy Gil has a fun article listing the most annoying player on each team in the NFL. I bet you can guess who he chose from the Ravens. Can you guess who he chose from the Vikings, though?