Links Of The Week: Chasing History
Tomorrow cannot be the end of the world. I haven’t found out if the Vikings make the playoffs yet. I haven’t witnessed Adrian Peterson break the rushing record. So many unanswered questions!
Anyways, I wanted to share with you all what I daydream about: Peterson breaking both the single game record and single game record this week… against the vaunted Texans defense… on the same play. Pure awesomeness is what that would be.
Here is the best of the best from around the web. Enjoy!
- The media is really piling on Mark Sanchez right now. But, as pointed out with specifics, Christian Ponder isn’t far behind.
- Does the Vikings depth at defensive end potentially put Jared Allen on the trade market?
- Christian Ponder wants to find out if a ball and chain might improve his footwork.
- Adrian Peterson is unsurprisingly this year’s recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award.
- Chris Kluwe picked up a nifty fine for his unconventional way of protesting a Hall of Fame snub.
- Adrian Peterson averages over four more yards per carry when Jerome Felton is on the field. Wait, what!?! Holy crap, that’s a big difference.
- Just in case you didn’t get your fix of Adrian Peterson this week somehow… he is also a very charitable dude.
- The Vikings cornerbacks are really beginning to struggle, so Chris Cook’s return would be very welcomed by all.
- One sign of great coaching is the ability to get rid of penalty problems that can make a huge difference over the course of a season.
- Eric Dickerson doesn’t want to see Peterson break his record, but Peterson says he better start preparing himself.
- Despite the ignorance of Pro Bowl voters, kicker Blair Walsh is getting a lot of attention for how great his rookie season is going.
- The newest member of our Blogroll breaks down last week’s victory over the Rams. Time to represent VT, tell ‘em who sent ya!
- Just a little more praise for Peterson and Walsh, in case you wanted to read more of that.
- Former second round defensive tackle Brian Price could be the newest member of the Vikings soon.
- Brandon Fusco sounds worried about going up against J.J. Watt on Sunday. He should be.
- This isn’t the first time, and likely won’t be the last, that Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez speculation has involved the Vikings.
- The great Jim Brown had some incredibly great things to say about Adrian Peterson this week. I wonder if Trent Richardson feels like his step son.
- If the Vikings defense can continue to play the way they did last week, each of the next two games will be well within reach.
- Christmas. Vikings. Music. Lights. What’s not to like?
- #28 grew up being compared to Eric Dickerson, which is why he wanted to wear #29.
- You know, in a couple of weeks, you are going to need one of these.