Links Of The Week: April Begins
Draft month is finally here, and while we have to wait until the end of the month for the actual Draft to get here there is plenty of reading to do between now and then.
Here are some hand-picked selections:
- Rob Gronkowski beat out Jared Allen in the latest round of fan voting that will put one player on the cover of the new Madden video game.
- Brett is one of a few guys representing the Vikings in this live mock Draft that has the Vikings getting Matt Kalil and also trading back into the first round to nab another prospect.
- An examination of the Vikings reported interest in Bill Parcells.
- Looking for a way to do some good today? Consider this.
- Interesting grading system for the Vikings past few Draft classes.
- A new rule in the NFL was influenced by our favorite team.
- The Viking fan base would love to finally see a big signing, but are there any options left?
- One NFC North team has had a very bad week, which includes an arrest of a player that some (me) wanted the Vikings to draft last year.
- The signing of Chris Carr represents value and low risk, but could also have Draft implications.
- A humorous look at the Vikings offseason so far. Funny, sad, possibly true.
- Superstitious? Then here are some reasons to be glad about Jared Allen’s exit from the Madden race.
- One obstacle was hurdled a while back that could help the Vikings stadium effort.
- A comprehensive list of prospects known to have visited with the Vikings as the Draft approaches.
- A “Vikings Mock Draft” that makes selections for every scheduled pick.
- Chris Carr brings more competition to this Vikings secondary, which is becoming a trend.
- Some ownership insight into the relationship between Rick Spielman and Leslie Frazier.
- Mel Kiper is a well regarded media draftnik, so here is a look at who he sees the Vikings targeting in the upcoming Draft.
- There continues to be plenty of action centering around the Vikings stadium battle, but little progress seems to have been made.
- The still-existing possibility of the Vikings trading out of the three spot is keeping speculation interesting.
- Ryan Tannehill’s pro day was a success, which could give the Vikings some serious trade leverage on Draft Day.
- There is the potential for the Vikings to have not one but two sets of brothers on their team, but can they afford it?
- The Vikings hosted their “Top 30” prospects this week and a number of blue chip players were invited.
- Percy Harvin is scheduled to have minor surgery on Tuesday.
- Like me, Ben Leber is perplexed about why the linebackers are having to wait during this free agency period.
- Want your Vikings Territory friends to see your own mock draft? Here is a great place to put it.
- And now, here it is, your moment of Zen: